What are the best current E* freebies??

agouram5

Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
Signing up for the HD channels that come with the 200 channels and get Cinemax for a year for $.01 and three free months for 24 month committment...

What else should I be asking for/demanding to commit $1400 for a 722 HD DVR and locals?

Help me not leave anything on the table!!

For you HD experts, is it worth $20 for the E* supplied HDMI cable vs Svideo or standard cable hook up?? Thanks in advance for your feedback! The nuuub

Signing up for the HD channels that come with the 200 channels and get Cinemax for a year for $.01 and three free months for 24 month committment...

What else should I be asking for/demanding to commit $1400 for a 722 HD DVR and locals?

For you HD experts, is it worth $20 for the E* supplied HDMI cable vs Svideo or standard cable hook up?? Thanks in advance for your feedback! The nuuub
You cant get hd thru svideo or standard cable hookup.

For what it is worth, I have experimented and there is virtually no difference (just a slight softening through Dish sat 129--Mpeg is lossy-- that I think is even an improvement of PQ as it handles fast motion better from sat 129) in PQ between my OTA running directly into my HDTV or the OTA going through the 722 or viewing L.A. Local into Local (LiL) from the Dish 129 sat.

Others in other DMA's have complained of significant difference in PQ when connecting the OTA directly into the HDTV compared with the OTA through the 722, and perhaps a greater difference when viewed from their LIL satellite. I have no explanation as to why they see a significant difference when OTA direct to HDTV or OTA via 722, yet I don't. However, as to the difference when compared to satellite LiL, I do believe that Dish has always, and continues, to provided more bandwidth to LA LIL's simply because of the very high penetration of satellite (largest in the nation, I think) with Dish a very heavy presence, simply to avoid the huge overload of phone calls that would overwhelm their centers if the PQ were ever as bad as reported by many of our good friends in smaller DMA's and rural areas. It's about numbers.

The PQ on Dish Los Angeles LIL SD is pretty good (channel 9 stinks, but they are supposed to fix that this month) and the PQ for Dish Los Angeles LIL HD is excellent! Yes, excellent, nearly as detailed as the OTA directly into the HDTV, for our good friends in other DMA's who are putting up with disappointing LIL PQ's and shouldn't have to. We'll have to see how long the great LA HD LIL PQ lasts.

Last edited:
$1400?

Why are you having to pay $1400? Are you getting several 722's? Get the cable from monoprice. AS others have said get the DVR advantage but since you are getting Max for the penney I think you maybe have already gotten that set up. The Max .01 promo has to do with getting DVR Advantage, paperless billing, and autopay.

Thanks for the feedback!

appreciate all the help from the pros on this forum... wish I'd found it 10 Years ago!

hooked up today and the 722 works like a charm and I only wish I'd upgraded to HD a lot sooner. Cinemax movies already playing, so I might save the cost of the monthly DVD Blockbuster rentals as well. thanks again for sharing your expertise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)