What are the signs of a flaky LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gmd63

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
The last couple of days when watching my C-Band dish, when I turn it on, some channels will come on and some will stay off. Or the signal to all will be very low.
I turn the power off and on and flip the channels back and forth, until after a little while it will all come on normal (not sure if it is doing any good, or if it is just the matter of waiting.... feels better though).

I have a motorized KU and my C-Band coming through a DiSEqC switch. KU works fine., But C-Band is flaky for a minute on my digital box and Analogue box (Analogue box is slaved through my Pansat 9200).
The weather has been cold the last few days (32ºF).

I have not did a swap on the DiSEqC switch to check it, but I am sort of leaning towards the cheapie eBay C-Band dual polarity LNBF going flaky or not liking the cold, since it has not done this since I put it on in July till just lately.

Has anyone gone through this? and no the signs of it going or just not liking the cold? or should I swap out the DiSEqc? :confused:
Thanks.

Hmmm... Just running through posts through the site, and I am seeing the same type of question being asked. So I think I may have the answer.... cold weather.:rant:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)