what are these dishes?

glgeek

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
greetings,

i have 2 dishes that i have removed. one is from my roof and the other is from my father-in-law's.
i have no need for them and am going to give them away if they have value to someone but i need to know what to call them in my description.

this one came from my roof before i switched to EA.

IMG_4214.jpg

IMG_4215.jpg

this one came from my father-in-law's

IMG_4212.jpg

IMG_4213.jpg

do they have any value to anyone or are they destined for the garbage?

thank you for your help

ba

The grey dish is a Dish 500 with a DP Plus twin LNB (for 110&119), and the black dish is a Dish 1000.2 WA dish for satellites 110, 119 and 129. The dishes themselves look to be in good shape as do the LNBs. I'm sure they would be of interest to someone here on the forum or another means to unload them.

The grey dish is a Dish 500 with a DP Plus twin LNB (for 110&119), and the black dish is a Dish 1000.2 WA dish for satellites 110, 119 and 129. The dishes themselves look to be in good shape as do the LNBs. I'm sure they would be of interest to someone here on the forum or another means to unload them.

thank you for this info. i'll try offering them for "come and get 'em, their yours"

ba

The dishes themselves are not worth selling unless the person wanting them is local and will pick them up. I have a magic spot near the street as well where anything metal vanishes. That's where is put them.

The LNB assemblies can be removed and sold on eBay, for example. Problem is you aren't certain that they work, are you? Even a case of "they worked before service was cancelled" is risky for you to assume. I doubt there'd be much demand but maybe Craigslist with an "as-is" condition and given away for free is one option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts