What are your C-band (digital) levels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sikma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2005
Dish Farm Up North
I'll be replacing my 5' mesh with a 10-footer next week and am wondering what kind of signal levels others are getting, particularly on the digital channels. I'll be using my bsc621 and would also be curious what kind of levels you're getting on ku digital. (Best I can do on the 'nets' on G4C with my 5-footer is 50, and can't even get WINGS, etc..)

6 foot dish and Pansat 1500

G4 Nets-75
WNGS (G3) is finicky...60 to 62 other feeds 75 or so
VOA..32

AMC1
PAX 45-48
TLN 75

AnikF1 is around 70

IA5
BYU-50
KCSG-75

Ice, is that a mesh or solid. I'm hoping to 'peg' the meter on c-band digital with the 10-foot mesh, but I'm still a little nervous about ku digital.

these are C band 4dtv

sikma said:
I'll be replacing my 5' mesh with a 10-footer next week and am wondering what kind of signal levels others are getting, particularly on the digital channels. I'll be using my bsc621 and would also be curious what kind of levels you're getting on ku digital. (Best I can do on the 'nets' on G4C with my 5-footer is 50, and can't even get WINGS, etc..)

Wasn't sure if you meant c band fta or 4dtv...

The 4dtv sig level are subjective. I have an 8 ft perforated aluminum w/ .17k C Norstat band LNB (the dish is 20+ yrs old and LNB is over 10yrs old). My levels range from 75 to 98 depending on the bird and transponder. IT IS THE SIGNAL QUALITY LEVEL THAT MATTERS WITH 4DTV.

Those range from the high 50's (HBO, MAX on G1) to the mid nineties on the starz channels on G1. Even if you have a high signal level on 4dtv...it is possible to have sparkles on digital channels without good PQ levels!

Depending on where you re in the footprint...your levels will differ.

IMPORTANT THING IS NO SPARKLES AND STABLE PIC. The 10 footer should be a winner!

I also use the BUD for fta with an old Norstat ku lnb....VERY strong signals and PQ on most birds I watch (primarily G10R) but again depends on the receiver etc.

Last edited:
I hit max the meter on most 4dtv channels, lowest before the trees is about 70, dvb feeds most C-band is max though some lower, Ku-band is ok.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts