What are your top 5 favorite HD programs?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yankee Baseball on YESHD, American Chopper's on TLC, Deadliest Catch on Discovery HD, 6 o'clock news from News 4 NY, Sorry thats All that I can think of. Movies on Starz are starting to look good.

My absolute favorite HD show was and still is: Rome.
Others: 24, "So, you think you can dance", but mostly for me it's movies sports and music.

This is always an ambiguous question. If it were just "what are top 5 favorite TV programs that are not concluded" (in other words, not including Seinfeld, etc.) then that is pretty clear cut for almost everyone.

However, once you add "HD", then there are several permutations:

- Shows that you like, but look about the same in SD or HD * (e.g. "24" and "Terminator: Sarah Conner Chronicles")

- Shows that are mildly entertaining, but look spectacular in HD (e.g. "Lost" and "Prison Break")

- Shows that would be still be excellent in SD, but make really good use of HD to be better yet (e.g. "Heroes" and "Rome")

- Shows that would have zero viewership if they were not in HD (e.g. "Get Out" and lots of stuff on Discovery HD Theater like "Sunrise Earth")

- Shows with often poor writing that become a little more palatable in HD (e.g. "Torchwood").

---
* Yes, everything looks better in 16x9 720p than in 4x3 480i - but many shows like "24" that are usually set in dark and grey warehouses or HQ/offices that might as well be dark warehouses - don't benefit as much as brighter, more colorful shows set in places like Hawaii...

LOST (for the amazing PQ); Enterprise on HdNet because Trek rocks in HD; Heroes; and beyond that its all a tie.... everything looks so much better in HD, although the grainy filiming of BSG is disappointing, even though it is intentional....

really a hard question to answer.

Dang... I guess I should start watching DEADLIEST CATCH. Never seen it.

I'll play along, in no particular order...
LOST
24 (Watching SD makes impossible to see anything in dark scenes IMO)
WEEDS (Watched on BD though)
NFL FOOTBALL
BOY MEETS GRILL

Wish I could include:
FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS (Horrible macroblocking... at least in Cleveland)
THE OFFICE & 30 ROCK (Don't really benefit too much from HD)
ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT (Doesn't count since it's cancelled)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts