what brand router are you using for MRV?

Rey

@ your service
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
i would like to know what brand and model for a router some of you are using for your network. My router is giving me a hassle for MRV.

My network consists of a Trendnet Gigabit wireless router hooked into a Netgear 16-Port Gigabit Switch. I just started testing MRV last Friday and so far have had no issues.

I have used both with near flawless results along with CAT6a runs.

D-Link DI-624 REVc

Actiontec GT724WGR

I use the following switch: D-Link DES-1108

My network consists of a Trendnet Gigabit wireless router hooked into a Netgear 16-Port Gigabit Switch. I just started testing MRV last Friday and so far have had no issues.

I have used both with near flawless results along with CAT6a runs.

D-Link DI-624 REVc

Actiontec GT724WGR

I use the following switch: D-Link DES-1108

Thanks guys. anyone using a wired router? i've been using for a long time the linksys befsr41 router. I'm having issues with MRV using this router. i also have the HR21 on a netgear powerline ethernet adapter with a 14mps speed which i think might not be good enough.

Both of are using the wired portion via CAT6a. I only use the wireless portion of the routers for laptop use.

Both of are using the wired portion via CAT6a. I only use the wireless portion of the routers for laptop use.

what do you think charper? time for me to upgrade the router?

Anything that is free to try is always worth a shot since is does no harm; I will say that I am not a fan of any power line ethernet adapters or the like.

Cisco 3750 48 port 10/100/1000 switch, Pfsense Router with 2x Intel dual port gigabit server nic 8492MT , Cisco Aironet 1100 802.11G access point.

No problems at all with mrv, direct2pc or any other of that good sh*t.

Thanks guys. anyone using a wired router? i've been using for a long time the linksys befsr41 router. I'm having issues with MRV using this router. i also have the HR21 on a netgear powerline ethernet adapter with a 14mps speed which i think might not be good enough.

I suspect that the 14 Mbps powerline speed is the problem there. It should be adequate for SD recordings, but marginal for HD (and the advertised speed isn't necessarily what you will actually see). I suggest that you use either a CAT-5 or better wired connection, a higher speed (85 or 200 Mbps) powerline connection or wireless-N.

I would address this before changing the router.

I checked the bandwidth being used on my router when streaming MRV content, a HD MPEG4 stream used up to 12Mbps, a MPEG2 via OTA/ATSC was about 16 to 17Mbps.

I suspect that the 14 Mbps powerline speed is the problem there. It should be adequate for SD recordings, but marginal for HD (and the advertised speed isn't necessarily what you will actually see). I suggest that you use either a CAT-5 or better wired connection, a higher speed (85 or 200 Mbps) powerline connection or wireless-N.

thank you.
:)

I checked the bandwidth being used on my router when streaming MRV content, a HD MPEG4 stream used up to 12Mbps, a MPEG2 via OTA/ATSC was about 16 to 17Mbps.

what do you think rad? should I upgrade the powerline adapter to a higher rate of 85mbps or higher? right now I got the receiver to show up again in the H21 list section but the playback is very jittery . lots of dropouts.

what do you think rad? should I upgrade the powerline adapter to a higher rate of 85mbps or higher? right now I got the receiver to show up again in the H21 list section but the playback is very jittery . lots of dropouts.

Have you tried this. start the program you want and then hit pause wait about 30 to 45 seconds and hit play.

I noticed that at least in my packet dumps that the hr22 when talking to a r22 does try to negoate speed and set a buffer . By hitting pause your building up that buffer. problem is if you fast foward through commericals you going to loose that buffer.

Probably should just upgrade and get it done and over with.

I use a wired netgear router and extend my network with netgear wirless AP's with 11G. I've seen no problems, but I do see some playback issues at times. Usually this is related to the channels I've recorded. Some have absolutely no problems, then I get lots of video drop outs with others.

I agree with Bob, I've had nothing but problems with power line network adaptors.

Have you tried this. start the program you want and then hit pause wait about 30 to 45 seconds and hit play.

I noticed that at least in my packet dumps that the hr22 when talking to a r22 does try to negoate speed and set a buffer . By hitting pause your building up that buffer. problem is if you fast foward through commericals you going to loose that buffer.

Probably should just upgrade and get it done and over with.

I tried this but I still have issues. I noticed last night that it only happens with HD. SD playback is ok. thanks to all for the suggestions.

I'm going to upgrade in the next couple of days. like you said the sd playback is no problem. it's only with the HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)