what brand router are you using for MRV?

I doubt it. Heck this thing chokes and pukes on old D* Mpeg2 files when they were at 12-13 Mbps. The allowable bit rate to stream to this thing must be very low.

i have no issues with sd. it chokes up most of the time when streaming HD only. so for me upgrading from 14mbps to at least 85mbps should do it. right now i'm looking at a model that does 200mbps.

I suspect that the 14 Mbps powerline speed is the problem there. It should be adequate for SD recordings, but marginal for HD (and the advertised speed isn't necessarily what you will actually see). I suggest that you use either a CAT-5 or better wired connection, a higher speed (85 or 200 Mbps) powerline connection or wireless-N.

I would address this before changing the router.

well I plugged in the Netgear HDX 101 Powerline adapters in today and it made a huge difference. even though the adapters are 200mbps,due to wiring or other conditions,the most I'm getting is 80mbps. but compared to what I had before it's a huge difference. MRV is working great with SD and more importantly HD. thanks guys for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)