What C-band FTA comes in well with 6' dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fizbi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Wild and Windy Casper, WY
Is there a list of FTA channels that comes in (reasonably well to very well) with a 6' dish?

Probably best to hear only from those folks who actually own a six footer.
I know bigger is better, but I may not want to grow a monster dish farm if I can help it.

I'm interested in only English FTA channels.

I've had the six footer for several months now and I'm pleased. I'd say I probably get 98% of whats up there. The only issue I have is that I have to manually got outside and move mine from sat to sat....I can live with that for now. I'm actually enjoying the C band more than the KU stuff. As for channel lists etc..I just went with the info from "the list" and lyngsat. Blind:)

I've had the six footer for several months now and I'm pleased. I'd say I probably get 98% of whats up there...

Thanks Blindowl.

I guess a better question would have been, "What can't you get?".
But 98% is pretty good. Can you get KCWY13 on that 6 footer?

same here mind works very well only problem i have is some of the 4-2-2 feeds.:D

Rodder, thanks. On the 4-2-2, is it due to the dish size or some other factor?

I have a 67" (5'7") dish for Cband that I am playing with now and I also get pretty much everything too. I have not noticed the problems with the 4:2:2 as previously mentioned. The most problems I have are with the weaker feeds and peaking the dish each time I move it. Me, a Merc II and a bird dog are the motor and fine tuner and we some problems sometimes, but with a little playing I can usually get things. Have been doing this for about a year now. Will hopefully have a bigger dish mounted for football season in the next 6-8 weeks.

I have 2 of them and ditto what others wrote

98% of the DVB stuff up there in both 4:2:0 & 4:2:2
DVB-S2 is touchy but can be picked up as long as the FEC isnt 7/8 or 9/10

I have to ghetto move the dish but it works fine
KCWY is touchy for me. I think its "kinda" on a spotbeam...winter it comes in great but summer it can be tough. You being closer to it than me ;) you shouldnt have an issue

yes i can get Kcwy13...

I see a C-band dish in my future.

I'm thinking maybe I don't want to go on a scavenger hunt. I'm not getting any younger or stronger, and I don't feel like rolling a 9' dish down the highway.

The sponsors have some nice full package deals for sale. :up

...KCWY is touchy for me. I think its "kinda" on a spotbeam...winter it comes in great but summer it can be tough. You being closer to it than me ;) you shouldnt have an issue

Even KCWY13 has trouble getting KCWY13, but that's because they have two BUDs fighting over the same rel estate. :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)