What C Band Satellite can I use in the Caribbean?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

eltigre

Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Caribbean
I have recently moved to the Caribbean ...Trinidad & Tobago to be exact....Im a sports/movies Junkie and am in a state of withdrawal as I cant see all the NBA & NFL games that I would like....I was told that a satellite C Band dish would do it for me but I don't know how to get about it and whether that is the right size for me to get continuous North Aaameican programming...would someone advise Pleaseeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

This is one of the best satellite mapping systems I have seen

SatBeams - Satellite Coverage Maps - Sat Footprint Intelsat 10-02 (Intelsat 1002, Intelsat Alpha-2, Intelsat X-02) / Thor 3 / Thor 5 (Thor 2R) / Thor 6

Sign in (free) and put a marker at your location. It helps to know your Lat and Long in decimals before you start, but you can also zoom in on your location and put a maker there manually.
Then pick a satellite and it will draw the footprint.
I had it set up once so it would tell you how big of a dish it would take to get the picked bird, but I can't remember how to do that now.

Once you have done all the above just double click on a location on the map and it will tell you the EIRP Level and the Recommended dish size

Once you have done all the above just double click on a location on the map and it will tell you the EIRP Level and the Recommended dish size

I guess if you're outside the displayed footprint you won't get a dish size? If so, I guess they don't think people in Costa Rica watch TV.

Well......
If you are outside the footprint you won't get signal on that bird. It doesn't matter what size dish you have
Not sure why you pose the question about people watching tv in CR, obviously they do, but only on birds that have a foot print that covers CR.

Well......
If you are outside the footprint you won't get signal on that bird. It doesn't matter what size dish you have
Not sure why you pose the question about people watching tv in CR, obviously they do, but only on birds that have a foot print that covers CR.

I guess the reason why I'm asking is that for sat footprints that cover CR still doesn't provide a dish size.

EIRP LEVEL 31 dbw
Dish Size 129.9"

I guess I need to play around with this website. I wasn't able to bring up that info. Seems like it should have been a simple process. All I get is Az/El/pol, mag north etc but no dish size or eirp info

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)