What can be done about all the violence in Dodger Stadium?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
I've yet to hear this topic discussed on these forums. For those who've missed it.....

Last Thursday night, a father of two was critically injured after he was savagely beaten by Dodger fans after the team's opening-night victory at Chavez Ravine. He remains hospitalized in Los Angeles in critical condition after undergoing surgery to remove a portion of his skull to ease swelling.

This isn't the first case of bloody violence at Dodger Stadium.

According to Los Angeles police, 89 fans were arrested on that same Opening Day, all for alcohol-related violations, and 45 were cited for traffic violations.

In 2003, a 25 year old man (Giant fan) was shot to death by a 19 year old Dodger fan after an argument following a game.

Previous to 1999, when the Giants were at Candlestick, even more accounts of violence happened with more frequency.

What can be done? Historically speaking, Football has been the American sport where fan violence is more common. Not in L.A. Baseball is supposed to be a relaxed, cerebral game where it should be safe to bring a family. What is happening in L.A.??

HD MM said:
I've yet to hear this topic discussed on these forums. For those who've missed it.....

Last Thursday night, a father of two was critically injured after he was savagely beaten by Dodger fans after the team's opening-night victory at Chavez Ravine. He remains hospitalized in Los Angeles in critical condition after undergoing surgery to remove a portion of his skull to ease swelling.

This isn't the first case of bloody violence at Dodger Stadium.

According to Los Angeles police, 89 fans were arrested on that same Opening Day, all for alcohol-related violations, and 45 were cited for traffic violations.

In 2003, a 25 year old man (Giant fan) was shot to death by a 19 year old Dodger fan after an argument following a game.

Previous to 1999, when the Giants were at Candlestick, even more accounts of violence happened with more frequency.

What can be done? Historically speaking, Football has been the American sport where fan violence is more common. Not in L.A. Baseball is supposed to be a relaxed, cerebral game where it should be safe to bring a family. What is happening in L.A.??

As much as I like a good beer at the, it is time the stop selling alcohol...or at least curb the selling past the 5th inning.

I bet most to all of those crimes had alcohol involved.

Los Angeles is a city with huge gang problems, and I guess it was just a matter of time that something like this happened. :(

The violence, while senseless, has nothing to do with the cerebral nature of baseball. No pun intended, but the game is supposed to put you in a coma from watching it, not from being a fan of the other team.

Eliminate the gang problem. Seriously. 99.9999999% of the fans are decent. It is the few gang banger Raider fans disguised as Dodgers fans that give the stadium and the fans a bad reputation.

ALL of the violence is started by one demographic. Profile that demographic and watch them like a hawk instead of the rest of the 99% of the fans

As much as I like a good beer at the, it is time the stop selling alcohol...or at least curb the selling past the 5th inning.

You don't punish 99% of the decent fans by eliminating alcohol because of some non drunk gang bangers who act violently when alcohol probably had nothing to do with it.

DodgerKing said:
Eliminate the gang problem. Seriously. 99.9999999% of the fans are decent. It is the few gang banger Raider fans disguised as Dodgers fans that give the stadium and the fans a bad reputation.

ALL of the violence is started by one demographic. Profile that demographic and watch them like a hawk instead of the rest of the 99% of the fans

What does Raider fans have to do with gang violence....??!! So are you say ALL Raider fans are gangbangers...?!

Most other cities stop selling after the 7th. Would curbing it 2 innings earlier really help get rid of the violence? And why has the violence seem to be isolated to L.A. during Dodger/Giant games? You don't see this in Yankee/Red Sox games. Or any other rivalry in baseball.

DodgerKing said:
You don't punish 99% of the decent fans by eliminating alcohol because of some non drunk gang bangers who act violently when alcohol probably had nothing to do with it.

There is always a group that f#@k it up for others.

Most other cities stop selling after the 7th. Would curbing it 2 innings earlier really help get rid of the violence? And why has the violence seem to be isolated to L.A. during Dodger/Giant games? You don't see this in Yankee/Red Sox games. Or any other rivalry in baseball.
They already do that in Dodgers stadium. In fact, they stop selling everything after the 7th which is little annoying when you want that last dog before the game ends

Two extra innings of not drinking will not solve the problem IMO.

yes ya did.....

..ooopppss, I miss quoted the 1st time...but same difference in what you said...
No. The converse of a conditional statement is not equivalent to the conditional statement.

IOW, an apple is a fruit, but a fruit is not an apple

What I said is those acting like this are Raiders fans. I did not say all Raiders fans act like this

msmith198025 said:
Two extra innings of not drinking will not solve the problem.

... I said none at all or by the 5th inning and that is 4 innings, not a couple...and according to the average length of games...it's about 1 1/2 hours before the end of the game.

DodgerKing said:
No. The converse of a conditional statement is not equivalent to the conditional statement.

IOW, an apple is a fruit, but a fruit is not an apple

What I said is those acting like this are Raiders fans. I did not say all Raiders fans act like this

Read your comment .... I also asked you, by your logic, if you thought all Raider fans were gangbangers?

... I said none at all or by the 5th inning and that is 4 innings, not a couple...and according to the average length of games...it's about 1 1/2 hours before the end of the game.
Most of the time violence like this happens at Dodgers stadium it is not alcohol related. It is gang related. The better way to solve it is to not let gang bangers in

Read your comment .... I also asked you, by your logic, if you thought all Raider fans were gangbangers?
I know what I said. I teach logic and this is the most common logic confusion that occurs. So much so that I knew someone would reply with said comment before there was a reply.

The violence is done by Raiders fans disguised as Dodgers fans. This means that those doing the acts (which occurs more often than reported) are Raiders fans, not that ALL Raiders fans are violent.

If you have an issue take it up with them, not me. There is a reason why the Chargers put up extra security when the Raider play there

DodgerKing said:
Most of the time violence like this happens at Dodgers stadium it is not alcohol related. It is gang related. The better way to solve it is to not let gang bangers in

And is there something that states it does not involve alcohol? Also, I agree there is gang problems in LA, but HOW are you going tell without profiling...and more than likely mistaking someone for a gang member ...and pissing a decent Dodger fan that could to lawsuits and bad PR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts