What can be done about all the violence in Dodger Stadium?

How do you prove some one is a gang banger?
Profiling. It is not 100% accurate
Wouldn't that be considered racial profiling?
Perhaps by some, since they happen to be the same race

In reality you are not profiling by race, but by appearance. A White Gang member with Nazi symbols should not be allowed in either

DodgerKing said:
The violence is done by Raiders fans disguised as Dodgers fans. This means that those doing the acts (which occurs more often than reported) are Raiders fans, not that ALL Raiders fans are violent.

If you have an issue take it up with them, not me. There is a reason why the Chargers put up extra security when the Raider play there

Thank you for your resume, but you said gangmembers...then you threw in Raider fans. You are making assumptions that they are Raider fans.

DodgerKing said:
Profiling. It is not 100% accurate
Perhaps by some, since they happen to be the same race

In reality you are not profiling by race, but by appearance. A White Gang member with Nazi symbols should not be allowed in either

And how many neo-nazi show up to Dodger Stadium dressed in Dallas Cowboy gear?

The violence we are speaking of and the topic of this thread happened in Chavez Ravine, not Raider Stadium. Bringing up the Raiders at all was kind of a back handed insult, unnecessary and off topic. It seems to me that because a Dodger fan is ashamed this violence happened in Dodger stadium, they're trying to pin it to another fan base as if to excuse their own.

The violence we are speaking of and the topic of this thread happened in Chavez Ravine, not Raider Stadium. Bringing up the Raiders at all was kind of a back handed insult, unnecessary and off topic. It seems to me that because a Dodger fan is ashamed this violence happened in Dodger stadium, they're trying to pin it to another fan base as if to excuse their own.
No. It is reality. Sorry, but I am speaking the truth. I have whitnessed it and it is reported often. Most of those that commit violence at Dodgers stadium are Raiders fans. Not all Raiders fans are violent. I am simply reporting the facts. Lets not shoot the messenger

No. It is reality. Sorry, but I am speaking the truth. I have whitnessed it and it is reported often. Most of those that commit violence at Dodgers stadium are Raiders fans. Not all Raiders fans are violent. I am simply reporting the facts. Lets not shoot the messenger

The violence documented happened at a baseball game. A Dodger game. Not a Raiders game. Why would a football only fan go to a baseball game?

And how many neo-nazi show up to Dodger Stadium dressed in Dallas Cowboy gear?
Exactly. The gang problem is LA is primarily now between MS13 (El Salvadorian Gang) and the Mexican Mafia. The old black gangs primarily Crips and Bloods are pretty much non existent in LA now and the White Gangs pretty much never existed there.

The only way to really stop the violence is to not allow gang members in. Of course that is easier said than done since it is difficult to actually spot gang members. Profiling will not be very effective. IOW, until the gang problem as a whole is stopped, it will be difficult for Dodgers stadium to stop it as well.

The violence documented happened at a baseball game. A Dodger game. Not a Raiders game. Why would a football only fan go to a baseball game?
They do. Trust me. I see it all of the time. Probably because there is no football game to attend in LA???

They do the same at Lakers games. Look at the violence and rioting after they win. Some took off their Lakers jerseys and huge Raiders tattoos were on their bodies. BTW, those that they arrested after the Lakers championships were ALL gang bangers

Again, I am simply reporting what I see, other see, and what is documented. I am not personally attacking Raiders fans just for the heck of it

This is a good point. But further to this, it should be noted violence happens everywhere...not just Dodger Stadium...everywhere.

Sandra

HD MM said:

.....and truth be told, there is less violence in Raider games than most people think. I average approx. 4 to 5 games a year both home and away.

Anyway, some stadiums/teams have these issues of violence and most attribute at least half of the cases as being alcohol related. From what I have read, it almost always involves a guy with either his family and loved ones or one protecting them from some drunk idiot who is a bit over zealous and has drank too much. Now in that Dodger Stadium ugliness, yeah, I would not be surprised if it was not some gangbanger, MORE THAN LIKELY drunk, that unfortunately took it way too far.

If you read through the blogosphere, it's clear that many others feel the same as DodgerKing. Move the team back to where it belongs - - Brooklyn.

Ok, so to sum it up. It's either one of two things:

1. Gang-bangers looking for trouble.
2. Alcohol.

Preventive Measures include:

1. Profiling
2. Stopping the sale of alcohol

Anyone else think the solutions are a little unrealistic?

.....and truth be told, there is less violence in Raider games than most people think. I average approx. 4 to 5 games a year both home and away.

Dodgerking can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think his point is about LA gangbangers wearing their Raider costumes causing problems in LA, not Raider fans causing problems in Oakland.

Sandra

Dodgerking can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think his point is about LA gangbangers wearing their Raider costumes causing problems in LA, not Raider fans causing problems in Oakland.

Sandra
I don't get the Raider connection here. All news reports I've read about this incident clearly say the attackers were wearing Dodgers attire...

Ok, so to sum it up. It's either one of two things:

1. Gang-bangers looking for trouble.
2. Alcohol.

Preventive Measures include:

1. Profiling
2. Stopping the sale of alcohol

Anyone else think the solutions are a little unrealistic?
it shouldn't be. i agree that alcohol is contributing to this issue. if you really love the game then you shouldn't need alcohol to watch it. get drunk at home. if baseball is that boring to some that they need to get drunk to enjoy it then its time to switch sports lol.

I don't get the Raider connection here. All news reports I've read about this incident clearly say the attackers were wearing Dodgers attire...

Very true. I also don't get how they have such a clear sketch of these guys and know what they were wearing...but they may never find them. Strange.

That said, there is a huge gang problem in LA...you have to live there to understand. And a lot of them do wear Raider stuff for some reason. I have no idea if that means they root for the football team or not...but it's real and if it wasn't the case this time, it's been the case many times.

Sandra

SandraC said:

Sandra

No, he said "gangbanger Raiders fans dressed as Dodger fans...."

No, he said "gangbanger Raiders fans dressed as Dodger fans...."

Yeah, I don't know how true that is. I lived there three years, Dodgerking has probably lived there a lot longer than that if not all his life, so he may know better. But there is no doubt a LOT of them wear Raider colors. Makes you think twice out there whenever you see a Raider jersey...it really does.

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts