What can be done about all the violence in Dodger Stadium?

... I said none at all or by the 5th inning and that is 4 innings, not a couple...and according to the average length of games...it's about 1 1/2 hours before the end of the game.

You said by the 5th, since they stop now at the 7th in most places, and a game is 9 innings, thats two EXTRA innings of non drinking on top of what we have now, which is what I said.

Two extra innings of not drinking will not solve the problem.

I dont see it as making a difference, even if the incidents were related to alcohol.

The logic of the Raiders fans being the source of all the problems at a Dodgers baseball game really seems to be kind of silly. But it generated 5 pages of discussion in an hour. And people said the Sports Forum here was dead. LOL.

There is no way to easily identify and ban from admission all gang bangers, but you could restrict the sale of alcohol which would certainly help to mitigate the problem. (Of course, they would most likely balk at that in those fancy upscale restaurants in the stadium). Or, since Dodger Stadium brings in so much money, just use some of the profits and double the police protection, and charge it to the Dodgers.

Rap bands like NWA, who I like, always wore Raider gear and always rapped about gangs so a lot of LA gang members liked the band and wore Raider gear and it probably keeps going with tradition.
DK is talking about gang members who wear that stuff but change into Dodger gear for the games so they can either blend in or they just like the Dodgers.

As far as alcohol goes at $6 a beer I don't see how people can afford to drink all night at the game. When I last went to a game I drank outside before the game, a lot cheaper.

Sent from my LG Optimus T using SatelliteGuys

As far as alcohol goes at $6 a beer I don't see how people can afford to drink all night at the game. When I last went to a game I drank outside before the game, a lot cheaper.

Thats my point. Most people are not getting hammered off of the Beer inside the stadium. Those that get wasted, generally get a head start before they even go to the stadium, and cutting off beer sales two innings earlier will do little to nothing to curb that.

This is a good point. But further to this, it should be noted violence happens everywhere...not just Dodger Stadium...everywhere.

Sandra
True. But it is getting worse than before at Dodgers stadium. Anaheim stadium is currently not experiencing the same level of violence. Why is that? Keep in mind, Anaheim allows tailgating before games and people get drunk before the game even starts, while Dodgers stadium does not. I don't think alcohol has very much to do with it.

Also Dodgers stadium is within one of the most gang ridden parks in full control by the Mexican Mafia, Elysian Park

These fights between Dodgers fans and Giants fans have been going on since I remember, here in SF and in LA. IMO, alcohol has a lot to do with these fights and selling alcohol should be stopped even earlier than the 7th inning. Again that's just my opinion. Security should be increased at stadiums too, specially if rival teams are playing. Last night there were no incidents to report and let's hope it stays that way.

This was going to happen sooner or later and unfortunately we now have a father of two in a hospital with brain damage.

And to blame Raiders fans for these incidents is just silly. :)

rockymtnhigh said:
The logic of the Raiders fans being the source of all the problems at a Dodgers baseball game really seems to be kind of silly. But it generated 5 pages of discussion in an hour. And people said the Sports Forum here was dead. LOL.

There is no way to easily identify and ban from admission all gang bangers, but you could restrict the sale of alcohol which would certainly help to mitigate the problem. (Of course, they would most likely balk at that in those fancy upscale restaurants in the stadium). Or, since Dodger Stadium brings in so much money, just use some of the profits and double the police protection, and charge it to the Dodgers.

good points. No one has denied that this could very well be a gang issue, but to insinuate that they are all Raider fans is pushing your dislike for the Raiders leaving and all those that wear Raider gear a bit too much. Also, was there any mention of alcohol being involved?

Sounds like a huge generalization. The attackers were described as being in their late teens, early 20's, and the Raiders left L.A., what, 16 years ago??
It is so funny watching people outside of LA trying to explain what goes on in LA.

I just walked around campus talking to teachers and students prior to the school start and asked them who is causing the violence at Dodgers stadium and every single one of them stated, gang members and/or raiders fans.

Sorry people, I am not trying to personally attack Raiders fans. Most of them are not a problem. But the fact remains that those that are involved at the violence, rioting, and/or looting after Lakers and Dodgers games are mostly gang members and Raiders fans.

There is a reason why most schools in SoCal do not allow Raiders gear to be worn. Even during spirit days at school where students are allowed to wear clothes advertising their favorite team, many schools stipulate, "No Raiders Gear"

Yes, there are a lot of Raiders fans still here, probably more so than in Oakland. That is why they pack Jack Murphy Stadium when they play the Chargers. LA Raiders fans drive down to catch them play.

Sorry if it seems silly, but it is true.

Go to a Dodgers game and look at how many fans have Raiders tattoos, jerseys, and or wallpapers on their phones. Last time I was there, about 1/3 of the fans sitting around me had Raiders items within site.

You are correct, there is no way to accurately profile gang members, even if they require a dress code. This is why I stated that the only way to eliminate the violence is to rid the gangs of LA. Eliminating alcohol will not stop the problem either. It will just punish the 99.9% of the drinkers that do not cause problems.

The only thing I cane see working is to increase security and put up more cameras

Rap bands like NWA, who I like, always wore Raider gear and always rapped about gangs so a lot of LA gang members liked the band and wore Raider gear and it probably keeps going with tradition.
DK is talking about gang members who wear that stuff but change into Dodger gear for the games so they can either blend in or they just like the Dodgers.

Exactly. People in SoCal know this to be the case. Angels fans always rub this in Dodgers fans faces. I always hear things from them about how their fans are not Raider fan gang bangers.

msmith198025 said:
Thats my point. Most people are not getting hammered off of the Beer inside the stadium. Those that get wasted, generally get a head start before they even go to the stadium, and cutting off beer sales two innings earlier will do little to nothing to curb that.

There is a couple bars outside of PNC park and the beer last time I went was $1.50 a beer, better than $6. :D

Local crowd rallies to support injured Giants fan Bryan Stow at El Palomar fundraiser
Local crowd rallies to support injured Giants fan Bryan Stow at El Palomar fundraiser - Santa Cruz Sentinel

HOW TO HELP
Donations for Stow's medical bills and family can be made in several places.

Online at http://www.sfpcu.org

At any bank listed at CU Service Centers Shared Branching - Your Credit Union, Multiplied!.

Mailed to The Bryan Stow Fund, San Francisco Police Credit Union, c/o San Mateo Branch, 1495 S. El Camino Real, San Mateo, CA 94402.

A blog following Stow's progress is at Support For Bryan Stow

DodgerKing said:
Exactly. People in SoCal know this to be the case. Angels fans always rub this in Dodgers fans faces. I always hear things from them about how their fans are not Raider fan gang bangers.

I would love to see a Angels game in person, that stadium looks nice.

Dodgerking can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think his point is about LA gangbangers wearing their Raider costumes causing problems in LA, not Raider fans causing problems in Oakland.

Sandra
That is probably true. They are identified as Raiders fans because they wear Raiders gear. It could be the fact that they are not fans of the Raiders at all and just wear the gear more so in a gang connection than a Raiders connection

It is so funny watching people outside of LA trying to explain what goes on in LA.

Yeah, this is to true. You really don't understand until you've lived it.

People all over the country think because there is some semblance of gang violence everywhere, that they can speak to the gang culture in LA. They can't. It's a totally different world.

Sandra

I don't get the Raider connection here. All news reports I've read about this incident clearly say the attackers were wearing Dodgers attire...
I will admit that I do not know if these particular idiots were Raiders fans or not. I am just making a conjecture based on past incidences. Much of the time it is people wearing Raiders gear or Raiders fans wearing Dodgers gear.

I clearly remember the rioting that took place when the Lakers won the championship and many of those involved took off their Lakers jerseys and had some Raiders items somewhere on their person.

I would love to see a Angels game in person, that stadium looks nice.

It is a nice stadium. I wish the Dodgers played there. I live much closer to Anaheim stadium than Dodgers stadium (1/2 hour drive vs 1 hour drive)

Dodgers stadium does have a better view though

Exactly. The gang problem is LA is primarily now between MS13 (El Salvadorian Gang) and the Mexican Mafia. The old black gangs primarily Crips and Bloods are pretty much non existent in LA now and the White Gangs pretty much never existed there.

Dodgerking it sounds like you, Vic Mackey and the rest of the strike team need to get right on this!

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)