What can be done about all the violence in Dodger Stadium?

It is a nice stadium. I wish the Dodgers played there. I live much closer to Anaheim stadium than Dodgers stadium (1/2 hour drive vs 1 hour drive)

Dodgers stadium does have a better view though

LOL Dodgerking you lie...

From what I remember in LA the front of Dodger Stadium is a one hour drive from the back. And you can't get ANYWHERE in a half hour!

Sandra

Aside from the extreme violence, it does sound like it's getting better:

Opening day this year saw 72 people arrested by the LAPD, he said. Most of those arrests were related to intoxication or illegal consumption of alcohol, he said. Many of those arrests were done by citation and release with a court date, he said. In addition to those arrests, 48 citations were issued for various offenses, including traffic violations. But the number of overall offenses was markedly down from last year's opening day, when 132 people were arrested.

Dodger beating: Men sought in beating of Giants fan after season opener - latimes.com

Security has increased and the number of arrest and citations demonstrate a pretty big security force. It probably needs to be a little bigger though

The other issue is the stadium is isolated away from downtown up in the hills on top of a huge parking lot, park, and hills. It is somewhat rural. It is easier to get away with doing something and not being seen.

LOL Dodgerking you lie...

From what I remember in LA the front of Dodger Stadium is a one hour drive from the back. And you can't get ANYWHERE in a half hour!

Sandra
:p

It does take about an hour to get out of the parking lot if you leave with the rest of the crowd. This is one reason why so many leave early.

That is probably true. They are identified as Raiders fans because they wear Raiders gear. It could be the fact that they are not fans of the Raiders at all and just wear the gear more so in a gang connection than a Raiders connection

THAT is what I am looking for! See, that I can agree with. But at 1st, you stating that is was Raider fans.

No. It is reality. Sorry, but I am speaking the truth. I have whitnessed it and it is reported often. Most of those that commit violence at Dodgers stadium are Raiders fans.
I don't agree!

Judging by your response to this thread, you just proved Dodger Fans can't be told anything without starting a fight.

Imho if you want to stop the violence at Dodgers games suggest that the opposing team's fans[especially Giants fans] don't wear their team's jerseys to the games[to some Dodgers fans it might just be like waving a red cape to a bull if you get my drift].

The Los Angeles Dodgers have chosen a former LA police captain as ballpark security chief.

The Los Angeles Times reports Wednesday that Major League Baseball, which took over the team last week, must approve the hiring of 63-year-old Rich Wemmer, who retired in 2008 after 40 years in law enforcement.

The top security position has been vacant for four months and became an issue when San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow was severely beaten in the Dodger Stadium parking lot on opening day.
wEb
One can assume that the position was vacant due to the McCourt's financial mess.

Former LAPD captain Rich Wemmer to head Dodger Stadium security - MLB - SI.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)