What can I do with a BUD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wiggin78

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
Redding, CA
My wife's parents have a BUD and are looking to get rid of it because they don't think it can be used. What exactly can it be used for other than a large lawn chair? Can you get HD with it etc? Sorry for the general question.

Wiggin78 said:
My wife's parents have a BUD and are looking to get rid of it because they don't think it can be used. What exactly can it be used for other than a large lawn chair? Can you get HD with it etc? Sorry for the general question.

Big dish is best for picture quality number of channels and has a lower subsription cost, the 4dtv a c/ku feed and a slaved dvb will have you hooked :)

You can get HD channels on big dish, that will blow away the picture on any small dish, though there are not as many HD feeds up there as on Cable and small dish.

With the big dish you will not have issues with heavy rain like you do with those crappy pizza dishes :)

Last edited:
Yeah and it makes

tdti1 said:
Big dish is best for picture quality number of channels and has a lower subsription cost, the 4dtv a c/ku feed and a slaved dvb will have you hooked :)

You can get HD channels on big dish, that will blow away the picture on any small dish, though there are not as many HD feeds up there as on Cable and small dish.

With the big dish you will not have issues with heavy rain like you do with those crappy pizza dishes :)

It also makes for great catcher's mit in a windstorm!:D Also makes a great place for wasps to build their homes in :D , also freaks out your neighbors when it starts to move....and your home owner's assoc (if you have one...I DO NOT) of course Dr Scott is also up there <grin> and there are lots of free channels to be seen! Put an FTA STB on it...you have it all!!!

SERIOUSLY...Do read the faqs... and a 4dtv/hdd200 combo or the "built in HD mod...forgot the name" make for an extremely satisfying viewing experience! In fact...when A station like discovery channel HD uses the real HD cameras...the PQ is astounding!!!!

The guys in this forum really know their stuff too!!! As far as weather goes...I can have maybe 4-6" of snow in my dish before I even notice any disruption on C band (where most of the pay HBO, Starz type stuff is...KU is much less forgiving...Heck Pizza Pans get twitchY iF there is too much water vapor in the air <grin>

Another advantage is picking up free wild feeds + alot of the Pay basics on Pizza/cable are in the clear on BUDS! Plus the Pizza pan is 3rd gen signal and highly compressed...with a digital receiver (4dtv) on a bud...you are looking right into the horses mouth! Plus I have an FTA receiver slaved to it as well....much easier to pull in great FTA on KU IMHO!!!
If they get rid of it...go get it!!! I think I pay $105 PER YEAR for my Starz sub including 2 HD channels! I also pay $50 per year for Discovery HD channel!!! MANY ADVANTAGES TO HAVING A BUD!!!

I have had mine for over 20 yrs and would rather pound sand than give it up!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)