What can I do with photos and music without computer?

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I've got an iMac that's on its last leg and I'm a little unsure if I want to replace it or not. We're an Apple family with 3 iPhones, 2 iPads, Apple TV, and an iPad mini. I purchased the iMac several years ago before all of the other devices. Originally I used the iMac for everything. But nowadays it very seldom gets used. The iPads are just so much more convenient and faster to use. So that being said, spending a fortune on another Mac would really be a waste of money. The problem is all of my photos and music. I've got several thousand photos stored on the Mac that I don't want to lose. And also hundreds of CD's imported into iTunes. I take a digital camera when we vacation and can easily come home with 600-700 photos that I import into the computer. I would think there would be a cheaper solution besides a new computer for storing these things. I was thinking an external hard drive but I don't know how to import onto the drive without a computer. Anyone have any ideas??

I'm no Apple person, but I thought Apple offers cloud storage just for these situations.

use youtube and/or facebook and get something like a roku to watch em. You don't have to set up the youtube links to be 'public' just a private one should work... same with facebook. Just create a new account and don't friend anyone with it. Simply use it to see stuff on your tv.

I've got an iMac that's on its last leg and I'm a little unsure if I want to replace it or not. We're an Apple family with 3 iPhones, 2 iPads, Apple TV, and an iPad mini. I purchased the iMac several years ago before all of the other devices. Originally I used the iMac for everything. But nowadays it very seldom gets used. The iPads are just so much more convenient and faster to use. So that being said, spending a fortune on another Mac would really be a waste of money. The problem is all of my photos and music. I've got several thousand photos stored on the Mac that I don't want to lose. And also hundreds of CD's imported into iTunes. I take a digital camera when we vacation and can easily come home with 600-700 photos that I import into the computer. I would think there would be a cheaper solution besides a new computer for storing these things. I was thinking an external hard drive but I don't know how to import onto the drive without a computer. Anyone have any ideas??
How about this? Built in SD slot for direct transfer to hard drive and wireless access to files (or wired through usb). :)
1 TB: Amazon product ASIN B00M9B3XZM or 2 TB: Amazon product ASIN B00M9B4482

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts