Status
Please reply by conversation.

syndicate1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Ottawa
Hi guys,

just made a purchase of a 1.2m dish, azbox ultra receiver, lnbf c/ku band and hh120 stab motor. My question is, what can I expect to pickup East of Ottawa ( postal code k4a xxx ) in terms of english channels and others

If anyone has a link to where to get azbox ultra hd updates, pls point me to it, as well as user setup how-to

cheers

mike

I know there is an azbox forum, but that part is only a small part of my question. My main question was about what the dish can pick up based on my location and what to expect

thx for your headsup though

I'm about an hour south of you in northern NY. I get sats from 72W to 129W KU band. Don't have C band (yet!) and think I could get some of the Atlantic sats with a dish on the other side of the house.

And as Brent said, WELCOME!

I'm about an hour south of you in northern NY. I get sats from 72W to 129W KU band. Don't have C band (yet!) and think I could get some of the Atlantic sats with a dish on the other side of the house.

And as Brent said, WELCOME!

Thanks for that Larobpra.....just to clarify though, am in Ottawa, but in the east end of the city.

So from that range of satellites, which ones from your experience has better programming in terms of English channels, sports, movies etc?

I am hoping with the 1.2 dish and the lnbf that does both linear and circular, I can pull in some C band stuff

Mike, please check your PM.

Thanks Yurek...I got your pm, but couldn't reply cos I don't have 3 posts to my name :) I should after this post. I am in ORLEANS ottawa area, whereabouts are you?Also do you know of any good installers and where I can pick up the stab HH120 motor locally? Sure I wouldn't mind your help with the dish once am setup, pm me your info and all that.If you can email tips on where to get files for the azbox ultra HD and the setup process, that will be great.Cheers

Thanks for that Larobpra.....just to clarify though, am in Ottawa, but in the east end of the city.

So from that range of satellites, which ones from your experience has better programming in terms of English channels, sports, movies etc?

I am hoping with the 1.2 dish and the lnbf that does both linear and circular, I can pull in some C band stuff
I mainly watch things on 72 (NBC mux), 83 (RTV & TuffTV), 89 (ABC News Now, sometimes some interesting stuff on BYU TV), 97(lots to choose from there, depending on your tastes. Many foreign and religious channels, but they do carry some English movies with foreign subtitles on some. River Broadcasting has lots of old movies, but it's on a weak TP. 3-4 foreign news channels in English.), 101 (History & Biography), 103 (Pentagon channel). There are a few channels left on 123 and there is PBS on 125. Then are sports and news feeds on 72, 79, 91, 105 and others that come and go.

Check out "The List" at the top of the page or here is good link, though slightly outdated. FTAList.com - English channels

I mainly watch things on 72 (NBC mux), 83 (RTV & TuffTV), 89 (ABC News Now, sometimes some interesting stuff on BYU TV), 97(lots to choose from there, depending on your tastes. Many foreign and religious channels, but they do carry some English movies with foreign subtitles on some. River Broadcasting has lots of old movies, but it's on a weak TP. 3-4 foreign news channels in English.), 101 (History & Biography), 103 (Pentagon channel). There are a few channels left on 123 and there is PBS on 125. Then are sports and news feeds on 72, 79, 91, 105 and others that come and go.

Check out "The List" at the top of the page or here is good link, though slightly outdated. FTAList.com - English channels

So do you have to move the dish around all the time, or you have an easier way of saving everything and the receiver just does the work when there is something you want to watch on a certain bird?

Pls explain in lay man term as am new to the true FTA :)

All the satellites and channels are stored in the receiver. I have a SG2100 motor which is controlled with the receiver to move the dish to whichever one I want. All accessed and ran with the remote for the receiver. I keep watch here and do my own scans from time to time to see if something new pops up. That's the fun part of FTA for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)