What can I get with an 18" dish???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
correct...however, these are test channels and can go at any time.

The reason I didnt list them is the fact that they normally aren't on there

I just thought it was odd that they would be testing with these channels as opposed to something new that would normally be on the wing satellites.

updated the main list
Olympics thing is gone and word on the street is the Galaxie channels on ExpressVu 91 are gone too. I haven't checked yet, but if they are, then its a sad day :(

Awww crap!

I was just getting ready to strap a D* LNB and a 2x1 switch to my setup just to be able to get them too.

Waaaa!!! :river

They've been there 5 years and now they're scrambled

The radio stations are still up there though :) Still have my Power 97 from Winnipeg :D

What I found on Dish 119 on 9/3/2004

Just noting what I found with a Viacast (2000 ?) http://stores.ebay.com/MVE-Electron...ZallQQsocolumnlayoutZ4QQsotimedisplayZ2QQtZkm

runs like $60 or so. I tried the follwing settings
lo=11250
frez 12268
sr=20000
voltage = 18
I received 35 chans and I could hear 7 music for free the rest asked me to insert the smart card.

I am going to try the other direct and dish sats later

Correct

The Viacast logs all channels (scrambled or not). I have one favorites list set up because of that

I think you have it programmed wrong. Under LO and Frequency you need to put 000 at the end (I have one)
So it would be
LO 11250000
Freq 12268000

OK, I'm a little confused here--So can I use my old Dish 500 dish and old Dish receiver to pick up the listed channels for free, or do I need a different receiver? (I cancelled my account when I switched to cable) I'd like to get NASA tv...

EDIT: Just to be clear, I do not in any way want to attempt to get free service that I should be paying for. My understanding (from this thread), is that there are a few channels on Dish that are available for free. Can someone clarify this for me?

Thanks Iceberg. You are correct on the numbers. I missed the traling 000.

Also I tried 110 dish and just scrambled chans. I also tried Direct TV and I did not even show a signal BUT I know I had one since I saw it with my dtv receiver.

Iceberg said:
Correct

The Viacast logs all channels (scrambled or not). I have one favorites list set up because of that

I think you have it programmed wrong. Under LO and Frequency you need to put 000 at the end (I have one)
So it would be
LO 11250000
Freq 12268000

I get NASA tv on a old 1000 reciver that is not sub and have not changed it in any way. It is on 119 along with a few music chans.

hotwire132002 said:
OK, I'm a little confused here--So can I use my old Dish 500 dish and old Dish receiver to pick up the listed channels for free, or do I need a different receiver? (I cancelled my account when I switched to cable) I'd like to get NASA tv...

EDIT: Just to be clear, I do not in any way want to attempt to get free service that I should be paying for. My understanding (from this thread), is that there are a few channels on Dish that are available for free. Can someone clarify this for me?

ken2400 said:
I get NASA tv on a old 1000 reciver that is not sub and have not changed it in any way. It is on 119 along with a few music chans.

Thanks for the help.

Now if only I can properly set up the dish, I'm all set!

ken2400 said:
Thanks Iceberg. You are correct on the numbers. I missed the traling 000.

Also I tried 110 dish and just scrambled chans. I also tried Direct TV and I did not even show a signal BUT I know I had one since I saw it with my dtv receiver.

DirectTv uses a different scrambling system, so it wont even register on the receiver.

110 only has a couple of channels

hotwire132002 said:

yes and no

I have a couple old receivers (3000 & 4000) that I hooked up and got the help channel (101), NASA (213), the knock off home shopping channels, and the barker channels. The audio channels DO NOT come in (those you need subscription for)

So an unactive receiver gets a couple other items than a FTA. On some of the knock off channels, I get a "your smartcard isnt authorized"

Iceberg said:
yes and no

I have a couple old receivers (3000 & 4000) that I hooked up and got the help channel (101), NASA (213), the knock off home shopping channels, and the barker channels. The audio channels DO NOT come in (those you need subscription for)

So an unactive receiver gets a couple other items than a FTA. On some of the knock off channels, I get a "your smartcard isnt authorized"

AS long as I can get NASA, I'm happy. I can't get NASA on cable, and I can't use a C-Band because my mom doesn't want it in the yard ;)

I'm getting a Ku-Band though :D :D

yes..you should be able to get NASA with an old receievr.....and its on FTA too :)

one more FTA channel bites the dust

The ever compelling "congrats...you have a dish 500" is scarmbled (9900). Since Bingo TV shares this channel now, its scrambled :(

So I read earlier in this post that Galaxy is scrambled now?.....I looked up Galaxy 11 at 91...all those ch's are scrambled ? Or do some ch's still work? I checked the ch list for Galaxy 11 any of those ch's working now?

vinnyv07 said:
So I read earlier in this post that Galaxy is scrambled now?.....I looked up Galaxy 11 at 91...all those ch's are scrambled ? Or do some ch's still work? I checked the ch list for Galaxy 11 any of those ch's working now?
Huh? I searched on "Galaxy" on all three pages and found nothing. And AFAIK, there's nothing on G11 that you can pick up with an 18" dish, which happens to be the topic of this FAQ thread.

Or is G11 a euphemism for Nimiq 1? Then that brings us back to post #1:
ExpressVu (Nimiq1 at 91)
-XPRS2..this is a info channel for ExpressVu
-35 radio stations from arounf Canada (CBC Radio as an example)
...and everything else is scrambled.

The Galaxie channels (not to be confused with GalaxY) are scrambled. These were Expressvu's audio only channels (like the Dish Network CD ones). Sadly, about a month ago they got scrambled. The radio stations on N1 are still in the clear (and hopefully they stay because I love listening to Power 97) :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts