What can I use other than the DVBWorld software as DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

John Popper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
Central Mexico
I was wondering what software can I use to DVR instead of the DVBWorld method of creating .TS files which are enormous and I have had a very difficult time even converting it to a avi or wmv. Is there a software y'all have used that can capture or record and that is not as taxing to the HD as the dvbworld software?

Another program that works well with the DVBWorld receiver is DVBDream it allows you to save TS files or MPEG program streams, but they are about the same size. You can't really reduce the size without loosing quality and there is no easy way to reduce the file size, even if you were to recompress the streams in real time you would need a very fast computer. I guess that's why I have about 2.6 TB of storage space in my computer.

MeGui (many settings, more difficult to use) and Super (less settings, easier to use) can work with the TS files created by DVBWorld.

been playing with the DVBdream and I like it very much, it takes less resources on my crappy laptop than the DVBWorld software and I am now able to record as mpeg!
once again! thanks qwert!!!

qwert or anyone else:

do you know how to configure the DVBDream if I want to scan Ku Band with a Standard KU LNBF? I have the C band side covered, but I have tried configuring the ku band but no luck yet, ive tried KU Universal and then changing the LOs but I seem to be doing something wrong

You can select LNB Type as "Ku-Circular" or "C-Band" and set the LO to: 10750000
You can do this using the "universal" LNB type but it might use 22KHz which could have problems depending on your setup.

Last edited:
It will play HD and 4:2:2 as long as your computer has the right codecs
(codecs that can play HD or 4:2:2) installed and DVBDream is setup to use them.

You can select the codecs for DVBDream to use by going to "Options" and then "Video".

FFDShow-Tryout decodes both HD and 4:2:2 (http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/)

Another option is to stream the channel to VLC. (VLC can play HD and 4:2:2 without any additional codecs).
To do this you need to setup the path to VLC by going to "Options" and then "Preferences".
Under "LAN Streaming" select "Integration" and set the path to VLC.
Then exit all the menus and after this you can go to "Tools" and click on VLC and VLC will open up to play the channel.

For some of those .TS files you have recorded, try using VidoReDo. I use it to convert the .TS files from my OTA card to MPEG files. It also does a great job of cleaning up any stream errors if needed. (also has quickstream fix for very bad streams) It is also great for just editing those MPEG files and even converting and burning to DVD if so desired. Be warned, its one of those programs that once you try it, you won't be without it. A lot of members here praise it a lot.... Anole is a big user of VideoReDo as well. Be sure to try it.

I use MyTheatre for my satellite recording. Should also work with the DVBworld card.

It will play HD and 4:2:2 as long as your computer has the right codecs
(codecs that can play HD or 4:2:2) installed and DVBDream is setup to use them.

You can select the codecs for DVBDream to use by going to "Options" and then "Video".

FFDShow-Tryout decodes both HD and 4:2:2 (http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/)

Another option is to stream the channel to VLC. (VLC can play HD and 4:2:2 without any additional codecs).
To do this you need to setup the path to VLC by going to "Options" and then "Preferences".
Under "LAN Streaming" select "Integration" and set the path to VLC.
Then exit all the menus and after this you can go to "Tools" and click on VLC and VLC will open up to play the channel.

tried both, both work, thanks!

For some of those .TS files you have recorded, try using VidoReDo. I use it to convert the .TS files from my OTA card to MPEG files. It also does a great job of cleaning up any stream errors if needed. (also has quickstream fix for very bad streams) It is also great for just editing those MPEG files and even converting and burning to DVD if so desired. Be warned, its one of those programs that once you try it, you won't be without it. A lot of members here praise it a lot.... Anole is a big user of VideoReDo as well. Be sure to try it.

I use MyTheatre for my satellite recording. Should also work with the DVBworld card.

Thanks for the recommendation, will look for a link to dl

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts