Motorized dish setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tritron

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Denver, co
I just got mine first motorized dish and I got it setup but I have few questions.
I have 39" dish and sg2100 motor. the true south satelite is at 105 but right now I have pointed at 101 what is the best way to repoint at 105. move motor by 4 degrees and point at 101 or leave at 0 and point at 105?
Also on 101 the signal strenght goes from 45 up to 100 what way to improve my signal the low 45. Also I have viewsat platinum I wonder if there is list of sats that I can download and or prescanned channel list. I downloaded official sat list but it is missing tps

Last thing first, the receiver will build its own sat-list as you scan the satellites, or you can manually add transponders and/or satellites to the box's existing list.
I would mark the pole/motor mount bracket where you have located 101 before I moved anything to start over. Is your motor set up already, and are you tracking any other satellites? It won't be much of a move to rotate the dish/motor on the pole a slight amount to the west to zero it on 105W. Remember , there will sometimes be weak transponders and stronger ones on the same satellite. Doesn't mean you aren't aimed properly. Peak your quality number on a weaker tp.

Draw a line on the mast next to the motor mount so you have a reference where you started.

get a buddy to watch your signal meter or move a little tv and your receiver next to your dish.

Set the motor to zero degrees East or West

set a strong Ku transponder for 105W

11738 H 20501 is pretty good.

Loosen the motor c-clamp a tiny bit so you can twist it on the mast.

Only turn westward a millimeter per try

Have your buddy yell out the window as the signal locks some quality.

You can tighten up the mount and finger tweak the whole dish to test what way you need to move the dish (left, right, elevation...)to get peak signal. loosen, make those adjustments and re-tighten

I was able to scan 97 101 105 and got 119 also. I added tp to my sat list and deleted the old ones . The key to pointing is having good tps I wish there was section on this forum were sat list can be shared or even few stron channels.

I just got mine first motorized dish and I got it setup but I have few questions.
I have 39" dish and sg2100 motor. the true south satelite is at 105 but right now I have pointed at 101 what is the best way to repoint at 105. move motor by 4 degrees and point at 101 or leave at 0 and point at 105?
Also on 101 the signal strenght goes from 45 up to 100 what way to improve my signal the low 45. Also I have viewsat platinum I wonder if there is list of sats that I can download and or prescanned channel list. I downloaded official sat list but it is missing tps

I am going back in time here as it sounds like you already figured it out, but the proper method would have been to position the motor to its zero degree reference position and then move the assembly on the mast to repoint it at 105°W. This would have also required you to readjust your dish elevation.

I just wanted to add my comment since I was here reading the thread already. You'll excuse me for being late? ;)

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts