What channel do you watch on FTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fatpug

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2010
Here
I reviewed the list but still not sure if FTA is for me. What are some good channels that you watch on FTA? Is there any "tv guide" type listing that has show information?

Thanks

My latest update for 97W Ku-band (has the most stations of all the FTA satellites) is under this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/306363-Galaxy-19-(97W)-Ku-band-channel-gu-ide-Mar-2-update

Each channel has a link (if I found one) that will take you to the program schedule or list of shows for that channel. You'll soon see that its quite different from the mainstream. Don't forget that Feeds aren't listed, are usually completely random, and are great if you are into sports or live on the scene news stories.

Most of my FTA watching is divided between PBS on 125W, NASA on 105W and eScapes on 99W.
Also watch DW on 103.0W; one of the very few if not the only channel with a guide.

I watch lots of raw sports feeds but for channels thats very hard to say, I'm always all over the place really. There is something up there for everyone.

Yeah old Doctor Gene Scott on 97W...the University Network
(he's dead now but his widow still preaches)

Last edited by a moderator:
What channel(s) do you (I) watch on FTA?

Movies on 30W, Foreign (Canadian) sitcoms, world news without the 'domestic slant', whatever I can find in unpublished feeds. Be it a concert or a 'breaking news' feed. Div 1 NCAA mens hockey(when I have the opportunity and something's "up:'), NASA, PBS. NHK, CCTV, RT Doc, AJE, Me, This, RTV, and a few more. (damn, just wish I knew a few foreign languages as there'd be so much more)
Just about all 24/7 'channels' can be added to your favorites at titantv.

Yeah old Doctor Gene Scott on 97W...the University Network
(he's dead now but his widow still preaches)

Used to watch euGene Scott several times a year as he was entertaining, to say the least.
Especially used to try to catch him during Halloween as he stopped all religious preaching and actually told/ read some scary stories. NOW GIT ON THAT PHONE !!!

72w C/Ku, 87w C/Ku, 89w Ku sports feeds, 91w C/Ku sports feeds, 95w sports feeds, 99w C, 101w C, 103w C and a few Ku std skew, 105w C, 123w C sports, 125w Ku, 131w C, 133w C, 135w C, 137w C.

I can't get further East than 37w because of some trees on my property and there's not much for me from there back to 72w.

COZI TV and NBC on 103 - since we have no local NBC OTA, PBS on 125 and 87, RTV etc. on 83, news, music and whatever on 97, and whatever else may catch my attention from 61 to 125 KU. Need to rescue someone's unused C band dish some one of these days!

Sport feeds mainly.. Ku/CBand.
Azteca Televisa feeds.
99w Cband.
113w Cband
116w Cband

Oh yea and 4:2:2 on non pc receiver :D

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

News on Al Jazeera, Russia Today, CCTV News,

Movies on Hispasat 30W, and KTV2, they have good movies, but I´ve noticed some censorship on KTV2 there (is it a religious thing :confused:) like last night´s movie that I had watched before on Lifetime a mystery - The Perfect secretary- , there were a couple of scences with a kiss, and on KTV2 the scenes were cut instead showing a loop of a previous unrelated scene.

Religious on 97w, Amazing Facts,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)