What Channel Is Replacing INSP 9718???

drfreeman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 17, 2004
a few days away and still no word on a new channel????
do they know?????
also noticed on the back of feb skyangel guide in the list of radio channels
9754 way-fm is not listed.
just a mistake??
i happen to like this channel alot,and would hate to see it go!!

Dan

Maybe you should take another look. On the back of my February Guide Way-fm is still listed and the schedule is listed on page 26 as well. Way-fm is a good radio channel. I hope they are trying to promote Sky Angel as the terms of their contract for free air time on SA states.

In regard to INSP, Sky Angel is probably looking long and hard for a replacement that subscribers really want to watch.

Jeff

INSP is now gone

I hope that if another Christian network is added it is an evangelical non-charismatic channel that is not affiliated with any particular Denomination. From my experience, evangelical Christians are not interested in Christian Television “ministries” such as Benny Hinn, Marilyn Hickey and the like. I hope it is a mix of solid Biblical teaching and clean family entertainment, if it is possible. If not, I hope Sky Angel leaves this slot open as long as necessary until a new and unique channel can be developed.

Jeff

Derwin0 said:
Hopefully it'll be FamilyNet for us good little Southern Baptists :D

FamilyNet is a good network and was on Sky Angel at the beginning (Dec. 10,1996) up until a couple of years ago when they (FN) decided they didn't want to be carried by SA any longer. This is when Liberty (ch 9716) took it's place. Of course you may have already known that?

Jeff

I recently recieved my sky angel program guide and it didn't mention what the new station was going to be. :(

The folks at Sky Angel are as of yet unwilling or unable to tell us which channel is coming. Since they cannot discuss why they can't say, all we have is speculation. As soon as they announce anything, it will be in this forum. :)

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
The folks at Sky Angel are as of yet unwilling or unable to tell us which channel is coming. Since they cannot discuss why they can't say, all we have is speculation. As soon as they announce anything, it will be in this forum. :)

See ya
Tony
Thanks Tony. Been wondering what is happening. I would think we would hear something soon. It has been a while since INSP went off plus they knew for quite a while that it was going off. Hmmmmm Oh well I too hope it is something good but then good is relative too.

CTN Detroit

I have been constantly checking Sky Angel’s TV channel lineup page to see if a new channel is listed yet to replace INSP. I am also looking for the March e-newsletter. One thing I noticed is that CTN Detroit is no longer listed. The Sky Angel link is still at the CTN web site though. Maybe Sky Angel is updating the web page?

In the February/March issue of NRB magazine Glenn Plummer says “Farewell” as the Chairman/CEO of the National Religious Broadcasters. Glenn wants to “pursue the development of my own TV network. With the help and grace of the Lord, (and a little help from some friends), I intend to build a major television force in America.”

I wonder if Sky Angel is a part of his plans? It will be interesting to see what happens.

Jeff

We all know the answer now, TLN is coming to Sky Angel ch 9714 in April.

See other posts

It's good to see Total Living Network coming to Dominion SkyAngel, but it's a shame to see SA drop INSP. Is this because Dave Cerullo is shutting down the channel, or does SA think it is just a low quality option?

SpeargunHDTV said:
It's good to see Total Living Network coming to Dominion SkyAngel, but it's a shame to see SA drop INSP. Is this because Dave Cerullo is shutting down the channel, or does SA think it is just a low quality option?

Tune to channel 9718 to find web link. There you will find all of the information that is known.

JeffH said:
Tune to channel 9718 to find web link. There you will find all of the information that is known.

That doesn't tell you anything. What I don't understand is this has been going on for a couple of months now and still no news as to the channel. Since this was announced SA announced that 9714 was also leaving and being replaced by TLN. How come that all happened in a couple of weeks andf this is still hanging loose?

rcwilcox said:
That doesn't tell you anything. What I don't understand is this has been going on for a couple of months now and still no news as to the channel. Since this was announced SA announced that 9714 was also leaving and being replaced by TLN. How come that all happened in a couple of weeks andf this is still hanging loose?

INSP has only been off of Sky Angel since Feb. 16th . My advice to SA is take your time in replacing this channel (and also get rid of Daystar).

Jeff

False Teachers

SpeargunHDTV said:
Get rid of Daystar? Why? RSVP. :0)

I believe that it can be shown that many of the preachers/teachers on networks such as Daystar preach a false gospel.

One site of interest: www.discernment.org

You can obtain more information on these preachers/teachers by doing a "Google" search. You'll find it very interesting

Also, have you observed their fund raising practices? What a sham. :(

An excellent teaching program is Word Pictures produced by Cross TV www.crosstv.com I would like to see more solid Biblical teaching on Sky Angel and less Benny Hinn and the like. :)

Jeff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)