What channels are on each satellite?

I really wish the local guy that I had come by today still dealt with Dish. He’s a really nice guy and he’s always been very honest and reliable. He would always give a specific time on when he would arrive. And if he was running behind he would always call and keep me informed on when he should be here.
When I deal with dish I basically have to take a half day off from work. It seems when they say between 8-12 they normally get here at 1:30.

I wish I could 'Like' that one twice. :)

Reactions: smokey982
It also looks like the "lazy" installer jammed a DISH pole down inside an existing larger Directv pole. Not only should the antenna be changed out to a 1K2, it should be installed on an appropriate pole.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

It also looks like the "lazy" installer jammed a DISH pole down inside an existing larger Directv pole. Not only should the antenna be changed out to a 1K2, it should be installed on an appropriate pole.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

That looks like a quick pipe adapter which used to be an approved mount. I've heard that they are no longer approved by Dish so a different pole adapter like the Viasat adapter should have been used or a new pole should have been installed.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well a tech came out and changed my dish.
a3ce6313d7f7227a7aee12661ddc893b.jpg

What really pisses me off is he tried to buffalo my wife who is home today (I’m at work). He told her my HDMI cable I’m currently using (that dish gave me) isn’t sufficient enough for a good HD signal. He said It’s only good enough for a 720P signal. But he’s got a better one on his van for $39.99 that he can install. And if I buy the cable he’ll throw in the new voice remote because the remote we’re currently using is out of date. My wife calls me and puts him on the phone. I politely declined the offer. Then when he leaves my wife calls back all nervous. He tells her as he’s leaving that the cable I’m using isn’t “heavy” enough for the signal we have and it could catch my tv of fire.

ON FIRE HE SAID!!!

How do these people sleep at night?? I can’t imagine how many uninformed people they screw over on a daily basis.

Mine at least over the years has just said to whomever tries that crap, that I will take care of myself. SHe is cheaper than me when it comes to extra $$$$ :)

What really pisses me off is he tried to buffalo my wife who is home today (I’m at work). He told her my HDMI cable I’m currently using (that dish gave me) isn’t sufficient enough for a good HD signal. He said It’s only good enough for a 720P signal. But he’s got a better one on his van for $39.99 that he can install. And if I buy the cable he’ll throw in the new voice remote because the remote we’re currently using is out of date. My wife calls me and puts him on the phone. I politely declined the offer. Then when he leaves my wife calls back all nervous. He tells her as he’s leaving that the cable I’m using isn’t “heavy” enough for the signal we have and it could catch my tv of fire.

ON FIRE HE SAID!!!

How do these people sleep at night?? I can’t imagine how many uninformed people they screw over on a daily basis.
More and more common now is scamming has become a normal part of doing business. Explains why phone carriers continue to allow spoofed robocalls to continue and flourish.

What’s the proper way to see the signal strength for each satellite? Push the home button 3 times? I just stopped by my house for a minute on the way to the dentist. The tv was on ESPN and I hit home button 3 times. It showed my signal in the 20’s.
When my buddy came the other day he said one satellite was in the 60’s and the other in the 30’s. Surely my signal didn’t get worse after he replaced the dish?? I plan to investigate more when I get home.

ON FIRE HE SAID!!!

As incredible as all that sounds we hear similar stories often. Our customers are so happy when we don't try to push unwanted and unneeded items and/or services on them.

What really pisses me off is he tried to buffalo my wife who is home today (I’m at work). He told her my HDMI cable I’m currently using (that dish gave me) isn’t sufficient enough for a good HD signal. He said It’s only good enough for a 720P signal. But he’s got a better one on his van for $39.99 that he can install..........

:shh:eeek This people sleep very well at night because they have to put food on the table ;)
Lately dish require the techs to do X amount of sales or they don't get jobs the next week....

Nothing is only black and white...
About the 1000.4 dish with 1000.2 hybrid LNB, generally speaking will work just fine, it is more heavy duty, and actually will get you better signal if dialed properly, the only thing is that if moved even just a bit and the signal drop significantly.

:shh:eeek This people sleep very well at night because they have to put food on the table ;)
Lately dish require the techs to do X amount of sales or they don't get jobs the next week....

Nothing is only black and white...
About the 1000.4 dish with 1000.2 hybrid LNB, generally speaking will work just fine, it is more heavy duty, and actually will get you better signal if dialed properly, the only thing is that if moved even just a bit and the signal drop significantly.

Hey DishSub2015 I thought you were one of the good guys but here's how I feel:

It's pretty black and white on this one. IMHO there's absolutely no excuse for making up lies and/or trying to scare people so you can make a sale. Period.

The Hybrid LNB is not designed for the 1000.4 dish and it doesn't work right so the customer's service will suffer because the 'tech' was too cheap or lazy to change the dish.

If a 'tech' has to lie and otherwise do a lousy job just to do their job then they should go get another job. That's how black and white it is to me and the people who work here.

I see a wink face so I hope that’s a joke. I don’t have a problem with them trying to sell a product. But lying and trying to deceive is never okay. If anything that turned me against ever buying anything from them.
And to be honest I may have purchased a voice remote from him if he hadn’t try to lie about the other stuff.

Hey DishSub2015 I thought you were one of the good guys but here's how I feel:
It's pretty black and white on this one. IMHO there's absolutely no excuse for making up lies and/or trying to scare people so you can make a sale. Period.
The Hybrid LNB is not designed for the 1000.4 dish and it doesn't work right so the customer's service will suffer because the 'tech' was too cheap or lazy to change the dish..

I am trying to be as good as possible ... :angel
I am not saying that not changing the dish is right, i a am just saying that will work just fine!

About the sales, what can i tell you.... the things getting bad.... or you sell, or you are looking for a new job.

Look from the other side. If everybody quit You will be without TV :coco

I am trying to be as good as possible ... :angel
I am not saying that not changing the dish is right, i a am just saying that will work just fine!

About the sales, what can i tell you.... the things getting bad.... or you sell, or you are looking for a new job.

The 1000.4 dish and a Hybrid LNB doesn't work fine, at least not around here. I've experimented with it and it's a kludge at best. The signals are markedly lower and as you said the thing is super sensitive to movement, which would make a pole mount interesting.

Call me old school but I believe that if somebody can't do a job then they shouldn't be doing it, especially now that there are jobs available everywhere.

And to answer your last point, I won't be without TV and neither will our customers. ;)

Reactions: NYDutch and Bobby

No, you're wrong. If everybody quit cooperating in this thievery, the employer would have to change his ways or he wouldn't be able to find installers to hire. When a skilled worker lies about things in order to make a sale, that's stealing. There's no justification for it, whether it's a mechanic, plumber, electrician, or satellite installer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts