What channels are you most desperate for Voom to add?

barth2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
For me, it's not Hdnet or Inhd. It's.....

Food network and HGTV.

My sister could not believe I subscrribed to a service without these channels. As far as she's concerned, there's nothing worthwhile on cable/sat besides those channels. I try to get her interested in Trading space and some other shows on discovery, but there's no substitute. Then I just say "hey, you don't even LIVE here" and she says "yeah well and w/o Food network and HGTV I have no reason to come here"

I'm only half joking :(

SciFi and HGTV.... oh... and Lifetime movies for my wife... (grrr... can't believe i said that)

RSN. The only thing I miss now.

CraziFuzzy said:
SciFi and HGTV.... oh... and Lifetime movies for my wife... (grrr... can't believe i said that)

Lifetime? Hang your head in shame :eek:

I have to say USA Network. Really like the Nashville Star program and some of thier
other programs. Also throw in my hat for SciFi...

My list:

InHD
HDNET (will never happen according to M.Cubanski)
FOX Sports HD (when Fox gets off it's rear and actually makes a move toward HD)

Noggin...wgn?

If Voom added Noggin, my brother would switch in an instant to Voom. His 2 year old would not allow it otherwise. My father in law needs me to have WGN, he's originally from Chicago, we all live near Cleveland now.

I'd like to have INHD as well.

I don't know what good posting here will do, but... in descending order:

SciFi, USA, TechTV, and LMN (so the wife will let me terminate e*)

Without at least SciFi, terminating e* isn't an option for me, though I'd love to be able to do so.

- Tim

P.S. If you polled long enough, and got input from enough people, you'd have votes for every channel in existance that's not already on Voom. :( That's why the other providers are cramming them on. When Voom gets more capacity and subscribers, I'm sure they'll add more. But I'd rather they not add ANY more SD channels right now, if that means a decrease in the quality of their HD offerings.

The only channel I was honestly surprised that Voom wasn't already carrying was SciFi. Considering their likely target market, that seems like a no-brainer to me.

in order of importance to me:

Food - I'm missing Good Eats. Alton is God
HDNet - apologies to the anti-soccer people but I want the MSL HD coverage
BBCAmerica - because it appeals to the Anglophile in me and besides I like seeing what's going to be the new shows on TLC
INHD - just because then I can say all your HD belong to us
PPV sports packages - I know I can't get NFL season ticket but if I can subscribe to any of the other sports packages - including Euro 2006 and EPL Premier League - I'd be happy

I have some other, more esotoric desires but I realize most of these are highly unlikely to be on Voom for some time if ever:

GolTV - for south american and italian serie a soccer coverage. The HD La Liga coverage is from some sort of deal with GolTV so maybe there is a possibility
ESPN Deportes - will be carrying the European soccer Champions' League games next season
PBS-HD - the local PBS affiliate does not carry the PBS HD channel

Fox Sports Net

I would like them to show all of the regions! If they don't get it by the Blazers season I will be mad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts