What channels will I lose when I cancel the multisport pack when I have top 200?

Phxbro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
First post! Been secretly reading this forum before I signed up with dish a couple weeks ago. You guys are great! And I lovvve dish and my hopper.

My question is my offer did not include the multisport pack and I have American top 200. I was surprised that I had the NFL network and several other sports channels included with my top 200 because I have always had Cox Cable and those sports channels like the NFL network are always separate fees. Anyways when I tried to watch NFL redzone I noticed I didn't have it so I needed to sign up for multisport. I feel that I'm paying for the multisport pack just for the redzone so I'm guessing I will cancel after the season is over. My question is when I cancel what channels other than redzone will I lose? It's difficult to judge because when you read what channels are included in the multisport pack they also include channels I already get with top 200. Will I still get the pac 12 network and fsn Arizona if I cancel multisport and what other channels other than redzone will go away?

You will still get your FSN and P12. The channels you would lose are:

Redzone, BEIN/BEIN2, Universal Sports, ESPN Classic, StrikeZone, GoalLine, BuzzerBeater, BasesLoaded (and all of the other out-of-town standard def RSNs)

I may have missed a couple (Tennis?)

Thank you for the fast reply! Faster than dish chat support! Any sports fans think those extra channels are worth the price of multisport after the NFL season is over? I have never seen goal line I'll have to check that out. I'm mostly a big nfl fan, suns and dbacks.

Thank you for the fast reply! Faster than dish chat support! Any sports fans think those extra channels are worth the price of multisport after the NFL season is over? I have never seen goal line I'll have to check that out. I'm mostly a big nfl fan, suns and dbacks.

Once football season is over? Probably not. If you get all your other sports from your local channels and your own regional sports channels you should be fine. Now, if you had a baseball team you liked in a different region you may want to keep it. I keep it year round because my wife is a Cardinals fan.

Once football season is over? Probably not. If you get all your other sports from your local channels and your own regional sports channels you should be fine. Now, if you had a baseball team you liked in a different region you may want to keep it. I keep it year round because my wife is a Cardinals fan.
What good does that do? Wouldn't Cardinal games be blacked out on other RSNs anyway being out of area? Replay airings, too.

The majority of them will. But hell. You might get lucky on one or two.

Honestly, I cannot justify the sports package, but if I get to watch 1 hour a week of football. I'm happy. And that's my beloved Cowboys, before Romo gives me a heart attack.

What good does that do? Wouldn't Cardinal games be blacked out on other RSNs anyway being out of area? Replay airings, too.

My wife has rarely had a game blacked out that she wanted to watch. She watched them all the time, in fact there are plenty of games I can watch without them being blacked out. When I finally do come across a game that is blacked out I can usually find it on an alternate channel. I don't know if it's because of where I live or not but I just don't have that many issues with it. One of my co-workers is a Reds fan and he says a lot the Reds games get blackout for him though.

The majority of them will. But hell. You might get lucky on one or two.

Honestly, I cannot justify the sports package, but if I get to watch 1 hour a week of football. I'm happy. And that's my beloved Cowboys, before Romo gives me a heart attack.

I use the RSNs a lot. During baseball season my wife gets to watch all the Cardinals games and there are other teams I can watch as well. During football season I get NFL Red Zone and lots of college football games. During hockey season I can watch plenty of NHL games as well. I know that some games are blacked out but not all of them. I'm a Chicago fan so I always get to see my teams play and as for the other games, I just pick whatever ones that aren't blacked out to watch.

Cool. I know some places are better than others. For the most part, we get a lot here in az, but I know people in Ny along the Canadian border used to call in a lot. Especially during hockey season.

My wife has rarely had a game blacked out that she wanted to watch. She watched them all the time, in fact there are plenty of games I can watch without them being blacked out. When I finally do come across a game that is blacked out I can usually find it on an alternate channel. I don't know if it's because of where I live or not but I just don't have that many issues with it. One of my co-workers is a Reds fan and he says a lot the Reds games get blackout for him though.
Yeah, you must be in the extended Cardinals claimed territory. I saw something similar when I was "in" the Beckley WV DMA...I could get Pirates games on RSP but if I subscribed to Multisport then I could get FS Cincy and Reds games would not be blacked out.

Yeah, you must be in the extended Cardinals claimed territory. I saw something similar when I was "in" the Beckley WV DMA...I could get Pirates games on RSP but if I subscribed to Multisport then I could get FS Cincy and Reds games would not be blacked out.
As I recall, the entire State of Iowa is claimed by both Kansas City and STL.

If you live in Arizona, you will also lose the Big10 network if you drop multi-sport.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have Multi Sport just for Red Zone. I can see Pre and Post games for baseball but all the games are blacked out. If they run over into the Post Game time slot i will be able to see the end of the game though.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have Multi Sport just for Red Zone. I can see Pre and Post games for baseball but all the games are blacked out. If they run over into the Post Game time slot i will be able to see the end of the game though.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
You can only view games from your localized team's feed.

For my part of NC I get the Nats and Os (THANK GOD I hate the braves) but I'm a dbacks fan first and formost

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)