What channels would everyone like added to DISH?

I would like to see the regional sports networks (Fox Sports Net Southwest, in my case) in HD... I did see a regular season Redwings game from FSN Detroit on the HD special events channell once, so I assume that at least some of the FSN content is available in HD.

JoeSp said:
In June SciFi an USA are suppose to start their 480p widescreen transmissions along with their new summer programming. It would be nice to have that added -- not HD but a definite improvement!

I don't think they'll ever be a time when everything will be HD because of how much bandwidth it takes. And rightfully so; we don't need or want HSNHD. But I think more sports, movies and Discovery-type channels in HD would be great.
And if most of the other channels (like those mentioned above) were at least 480p W.S., I'd be extremely satisfied.

Heck with new channels, merge them together and combine the content into something viewable.

Stop broadcasting crap. I think we have too many channels.

bcshields said:
Heck with new channels, merge them together and combine the content into something viewable.

Stop broadcasting crap. I think we have too many channels.

First people would have to stop watching crap. Studios might then produce less crap. However, with the continued propagation of the biggest pile of crap, the so called "reality" programming, it doesn't look promising. :no

NightRyder

korsjs said:
i like the idea of buying just the channels you want.

1. It will never happen.

2. If by some miracle it did happen, you would end up paying just as much or more than you are now for fewer channels.

NightRyder

I would like Trio (though I hear it may not survive the NBC/Universal merger) and GoodLife and Ovation would be good additions. But really I can't count how many times folks on these boards drooled over a particular channel and then it was added and it was much ado about nothing. But I am getting a little of tired of channels like the "Reality" channel that is truly worthless. My highest priority would be HD versions of ABC, NBC and Fox (since I can't get any over the air.)

My personal wish list for the next year......

1. HD Broadcast Networks (like CBS-HD) for those in DIGITAL white areas (I don't want to hear about analog overlay areas being used to determine which zip codes qualify... we all know the footprints are way smaller right now....)

2. YES for those in the New York Metro area (and the new Mets channel when it comes online)

3. More Movie Channels

4. More of the MTV/VH1 channels

5. Trio

6. NFL Network

I'll agree on the MTV/VH1 channels. Those are the only channels I miss from cable that E* doesnt carry.

Other than that...bring on the HD!

I'm curious...it was mentioned SciFi & USA broadcasting 480p widescreen. Would this require a seperate HD channel like TNT-HD, or would there be a way to broadcast that on the regular channel?

YES Network, and maybe NFL Network (only if they show replays of regular season games - otherwise not worth the bandwidth / money). After that add Trio, BET on Jazz, PBS Kids, Ovation.

The rest of the HBOs & Cinemaxes that we are missing. Also Fine Living

Live regional color weather radar. If a deal could be made with either the National Weather Service or The Weather Channel. Would not require any audio feed. Would be a good marketing tool. Some may think this would be a waste of bandwith however I could have this in place of some shopping channels. One could retrieve this radar off the internet however I don,t have my computer in my living room or den.

SimpleSimon said:
Unh. They're on Channel 191 - merged with G4 channel last week.
I know, but thanks.

I meant I want my TechTV back the way it was. This new G4TechTV thing is awful. It's not even on my guide anymore. I love video games but who needs to hear about them 12 hours a day?