What Cities (zipcodes?) get NESN HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kevinsickles

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
Now that Boston has it's HD locals moved to spotbeam. I am wondering if another location (zipcode?) has locals in HD and gets NESN HD and is not on a spotbeam?
Hartford? Providence?
Thank you

Get NESN and SNY HD

Thank you, I did a lot of research and determined if you are lucky enough to live in Monroe Ct. zipcode 06468. You actually get both NESN, SNY and MSG.
you also get NYC locals. Fortunately for me a just happened to "move" to Monroe this morning.:)

Actually, this is based on an old map, if true - Monroe and Shelton lost NESN last year, amidst much fanfare.

Technically, we shouldn't get NESN, as Monroe is in Fairfield County (part of the NY DMA)

yep, not doubting you, as up until about May last year, D* granted NESN to 06468 as well. I'm just saying, don't count on keeping it once the Yankees find out :)

I just "moved" to monroe and I get NESN HD but no locals at all. Keeps on resetting to looking for satellites. Is NYC on spotbeam now or am I missing something. I gotta have NESN HD but I need to have local channels for some market (any market!).

Am I missing something. my real location is outside of market (west coast)

What can I do???

yes nyc ison a spotbeam, try the ekb channel list for locals not on a spotbeam, I am in the nyc spotbeam so I get the locals

I just "moved" to monroe and I get NESN HD but no locals at all. Keeps on resetting to looking for satellites. Is NYC on spotbeam now or am I missing something. I gotta have NESN HD but I need to have local channels for some market (any market!).

Am I missing something. my real location is outside of market (west coast)

What can I do???

Considering making the monroe "move" for nesn HD but I'm concerned about the mention of receiver resets. I'm nowhere near any east coast spot beams. Will I have problems "moving" to monroe? I'm willing to accept getting NYC locals in SD and my real locals OTA (I have a 622).

Thanks

Pretty much any zip in RI will get your locals in HD and NESN HD...use PVD or Cranston and you'll be all set.

not sure if this was directed towards me but i'm located in texas and i'm pretty sure pvd hd locals are on spotbeam. so i wouldn't be able to get hd locals over sat. and as far as i can tell, this is true for any area that offers nesn as the local rsn. at least with nyc, i get sd locals on 119.

Well good news and bad news. I "moved" to monroe and now get NESN SD. However, I NESN HD is only on 61.5 and I do not have a dish for 61.5. Also, my receiver now thinks it's in the eastern time zone and displays time accordingly (actually located in CST zone). This isn't a big deal but I need to redo all my timers.

Funny thing is that my true HD locals (in texas) were recently uplinked and added to 61.5. So I may "move" back to my real address, then get the 61.5 installed (hopefully free), and then "move" back to monroe. Is there any real downside to "moving" so often?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)