Issues with 129

lovemymac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 17, 2007
OK i have a 722 and about 40 feet of cable run and a dish 1000.2 the one that has just 3 sats on it
My hd and local HD cut out some times even when the weather is clear but its horrible if i have any weather. And it doesnt take much at all. I called dish they sent a tech. The tech called the day of and said what do you want us to do? i said i want you to either check the alinment on the dish or install a wing dish. He said what is your signal for transponder 1 and i told him 30.
He said well thats decent and if we install a dish 500 its not going to do any good. He said i can come out but i can tell you that a dish 500 wont get any better signal he said they had tried and it wasnt any difference except maybe 1-2 points.

Can i get them to put me up a bigger dish or pay for one? This is just so frustrating to have all these HD channels and have them cut out everytime i have a little weather.

Last edited:
129 didn't work for me in Seattle on the Dish 1000.

I bought a 75/76 cm dish off the internet and installed it for 129.

I have not had a dropout since then.

My transponder 1 strength is about 50.

You don't say where you live, but here in Seattle the 75/76 cm dish works great.

As far as getting E* to do it for you, I don't know what kind of deal you can work.

I replaced my dish before E* really acknowledged the problems with Dish 1000 and 129.

It was worth the $100 for me to just get 129 working, rather than fighting with E* about the dish.

OK i have a 722 and about 40 feet of cable run and a dish 1000.2 the one that has just 3 sats on it
My hd and local HD cut out some times even when the weather is clear but its horrible if i have any weather. And it doesnt take much at all. I called dish they sent a tech. The tech called the day of and said what do you want us to do? i said i want you to either check the alinment on the dish or install a wing dish. He said what is your signal for transponder 1 and i told him 30.
He said well thats decent and if we install a dish 500 its not going to do any good. He said i can come out but i can tell you that a dish 500 wont get any better signal he said they had tried and it wasnt any difference except maybe 1-2 points.

Can i get them to put me up a bigger dish or pay for one? This is just so frustrating to have all these HD channels and have them cut out everytime i have a little weather.

It's good to post the transponder number that's getting 30. If it's one of the highest one then all other transponders are very low. I think TP30 and TP31 are the high ones.

Also, please post your location. Like mentioned above, 129 in the Pacific Northwest is awful and you need a bigger dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts