Issues with 129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lovemymac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 17, 2007
OK i have a 722 and about 40 feet of cable run and a dish 1000.2 the one that has just 3 sats on it
My hd and local HD cut out some times even when the weather is clear but its horrible if i have any weather. And it doesnt take much at all. I called dish they sent a tech. The tech called the day of and said what do you want us to do? i said i want you to either check the alinment on the dish or install a wing dish. He said what is your signal for transponder 1 and i told him 30.
He said well thats decent and if we install a dish 500 its not going to do any good. He said i can come out but i can tell you that a dish 500 wont get any better signal he said they had tried and it wasnt any difference except maybe 1-2 points.

Can i get them to put me up a bigger dish or pay for one? This is just so frustrating to have all these HD channels and have them cut out everytime i have a little weather.

Last edited:
129 didn't work for me in Seattle on the Dish 1000.

I bought a 75/76 cm dish off the internet and installed it for 129.

I have not had a dropout since then.

My transponder 1 strength is about 50.

You don't say where you live, but here in Seattle the 75/76 cm dish works great.

As far as getting E* to do it for you, I don't know what kind of deal you can work.

I replaced my dish before E* really acknowledged the problems with Dish 1000 and 129.

It was worth the $100 for me to just get 129 working, rather than fighting with E* about the dish.

OK i have a 722 and about 40 feet of cable run and a dish 1000.2 the one that has just 3 sats on it
My hd and local HD cut out some times even when the weather is clear but its horrible if i have any weather. And it doesnt take much at all. I called dish they sent a tech. The tech called the day of and said what do you want us to do? i said i want you to either check the alinment on the dish or install a wing dish. He said what is your signal for transponder 1 and i told him 30.
He said well thats decent and if we install a dish 500 its not going to do any good. He said i can come out but i can tell you that a dish 500 wont get any better signal he said they had tried and it wasnt any difference except maybe 1-2 points.

Can i get them to put me up a bigger dish or pay for one? This is just so frustrating to have all these HD channels and have them cut out everytime i have a little weather.

It's good to post the transponder number that's getting 30. If it's one of the highest one then all other transponders are very low. I think TP30 and TP31 are the high ones.

Also, please post your location. Like mentioned above, 129 in the Pacific Northwest is awful and you need a bigger dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)