What Did I do wrong???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WyldCherry

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
Ok well I have been messing with this old Prodelin/Primestar dish for awhile now.finally got things going good atleast I thought.Well when I found that old dish it didn't have the arm for the LNB or the support arms for each side after fabricating some new arms and calculating the focal point.I was able to lock on to G10R with quality between 65 to 70% but I find out I calculated the focal distance wrong I had 23.14 when it should have been 27.16.so I took everything apart redid new arms calculated FD to 27.16 had to relock on to G10R and quality was 83 to 88% thought GREAT.but looked at the elevation it was set at 40 degrees when it should be 29.8 for me.what the heck did I do wrong.it makes my elevation off by over 10 degrees.

The elevation on my Primestar dish is off by around 6-7º Its all about signal quality :) As long as you remember to add 10º to your elevations you should not have a problem!

yeah thats true.So IA5 is going to be about 54.1 instead of 44.1.That just really blew my mind when i noticed that.

Thanks

man thats messed up.no wonder people have had problems finding sats with these dishes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts