What did The Dish loyalty department offer you to stay?

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
My contract is up in 9 months so I called and asked what dish could do to keep me as a customer? Currently I had the flex pack without fox sports channels so they offered $25 off for 6 months on the top 200 so I could have the sports channels, Disney jr and MTV back . This was with no contract also so I took it . The guy said it's about what new customers get just about .

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I'd be weary of the no contract part, especially since you were still in a contract when you called.

Top 200 is $90, so $25 off that is still $65. I pay under $50 for Flex and still add and drop sports channels when I want them.

I left for over a year they offered nothing that impressed me. I did recently come back with the minimum pack but they have already messed up my billing, so they are on a thin line.

My contract is up in 9 months so I called and asked what dish could do to keep me as a customer?
Aren't you jumping the gun a bit (a lot)? I don't see any point to go fishing so far in advance. I would wait until no more than 6 weeks or so out. As of now, you don't have any bargaining power.

I left about 5 years for a two year stint with direct. When I called to see if I could get a better rate I was offered less than $10 a month. They said that was the best they could do. I told them you do understand the next time I call back will be after Direct is already installed and the your dish is already off my house. They still said that was the best they could do. When I called back to cancel they all the sudden greatly improved the offer to 30-40 a month off and free premiums for 3 months. I told them it was to late and if they had made that offer a week ago I would not be canceling. I guess they thought I was bluffing.

Reactions: yomama and TheKrell
I have everything, was really prepared to cut the cord and go back later maybe, since new customers seem to do better. Anyway I was offered $40/month off for 12 months and half price of the the movie channels I already had for 6 months, no need for contract either. I've been with Dish for 7 years now, have never been under contract and always owned my own equipment.

Clearly Dish has offered many people many good deals to stay. It has been posted several times. Though, sometimes, some people don't get as good of an offer. Like Soylent Green, it varies from person to person.
Yet, I've been out of contract for three years and never have tried to get an offer.
I asked once when I was with Directv a long while ago and they gave me something fair. Typically with Dish, I only ask about promos on premiums. And even on Welcome Pack, they are still relatively generous there, which makes Welcome Pack sustainable.

That's an awesome deal . I'm guessing you were out of contract ?
Why are you guessing? They said "have never been under contract".

Reactions: pattykay
I asked once when I was with Directv a long while ago and they gave me something fair. Typically with Dish, I only ask about promos on premiums. And even on Welcome Pack, they are still relatively generous there, which makes Welcome Pack sustainable.
When negotiating with Directv, I have found that it helps to mention that Dish offers Welcome Pack for $19.99. Directv offered me their Select package for $29.99 per month for 12 months and said that was the best they could do. After I mentioned Welcome Pack, Directv agreed to offering me Select for $19.99 per month for 12 months, which I accepted.

Reactions: TheKrell
Aside from fully cutting the cord, the Flex Pack has me hooked. I can manage what I pay and get most of the channels I want with some judicious juggling. No other option like that exists with any other provider.

Reactions: Yespage and KAB
Aside from fully cutting the cord, the Flex Pack has me hooked. I can manage what I pay and get most of the channels I want with some judicious juggling. No other option like that exists with any other provider.
Dish provides the most options when it comes to channel packages (for cable/sat) hands down. Welcome Pack makes it simple to dumb it down seriously and add on premiums or IPTV, while Flex gives people the power to create priorities. And the Everything Pak... still doesn't have everything but it is close.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)