What diplexer and LNB is needed for DIY install?

JBW

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2018
NE Texas
I am looking at doing a DIY install of Orby. I got a 36" FTA dish, OTA anttena, and all the cabling ran. Have not gotten a receiver yet. What single LO 10750 LNBF is recommended and what specific duplexer is needed for combining sat and anttena?

Since I already had ota wire to tv I first used the diplexer . Today I changed that out to an Eagle Aspen DTV 3XR MULTI SWITCH. I still have the same signal readings. I changed to the multi switch because I got the second receiver and thought this should work and it would be easier to use.

Since I already had ota wire to tv I first used the diplexer . Today I changed that out to an Eagle Aspen DTV 3XR MULTI SWITCH. I still have the same signal readings. I changed to the multi switch because I got the second receiver and thought this should work and it would be easier to use.
I use a 3X4 mult-switch - works great - see my signature.

What are using, dual ku lnb, to feed the 3x4 multi switch?
I use the vertical (13 volts) side of the switch hooked to a single LNB. Orby is only vertical signal so this works fine, I use the switch to insert (Diplex) my Over The Air (OTA) signal for my local channels received from a roof top antenna.
Bob

Reactions: trojan67

You don’t need a multi switch. Just a high freq splitter.

Everything is on the same polarity, so no need for a multi switch

I only paid $5.00 for multi switch , so about the same price as a splitter. So with a high freq. spliter and a diplexer you have 2 compenents with a lot more short wires and connections. There is lots of ways to skin the cat.

I have 3 two way splitters strung on one wire through the house on 4 receivers. It still has plenty of signal at the end !!!

Sent from our Pleadian star ship

I only paid $5.00 for multi switch , so about the same price as a splitter. So with a high freq. spliter and a diplexer you have 2 compenents with a lot more short wires and connections. There is lots of ways to skin the cat.

The only issue with the multi switch is that your on 14/18 volt switching.

I don’t like to use only 1 port of the multi switch and not have anything connected to it.

Can it cause a problem using a multi switch, and not using the 14 volt side? I have the switch behind the tv and it is out of the weather. Just wondering. So far I havn,t connected the second receiver yet. I did put the terminator covers that came with it on the unused ports.

Can it cause a problem using a multi switch, and not using the 14 volt side? I have the switch behind the tv and it is out of the weather. Just wondering. So far I havn,t connected the second receiver yet. I did put the terminator covers that came with it on the unused ports.
No

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts