What dish config is needed for north east GA?

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Im in zip 30605 and getting ready to order service again through Dish, Im going to get the 622 with top 200, Atlanta locals, and the HD package, the 622 will be feeding two rooms with the main set being a Vizio 32 inch ( so much better than a Sony and for half the price ). What I need to know is wether I would need two dishes for 110/119 and 61.5 or a single dish such as 1000 or one of its varients. I've been reading about the issues with the 1000.2 ( sorry about your luck Elywhite ) so I am more inclined to go with a 500 and 300.

Atlanta HD locals are on 129.

The issues with the 1000.2 are mostly installer laziness - it is more demanding an install than a Dish1000 and some don't properly peak the 129 satellite after getting 110 and 119 to work.

You should be able to use a 1000.2 in your location, if that is not satisfactory, a Dish500 and a Dish300/500 wing dish.

If 129 does not work out you can add 61.5 but the receiver will favor 129 as long as it is connected and even marginally successful. You may have to disconnect 129, but there goes your HD locals.

Im not worried about locals for hd, there really isnt anything worth watching on local broad casts anymore.

I am not far from you and I have 2 dishes. One at 129 and the other at 110/119.
129 is to low for a single dish unless you have no trees.

Not worried about sports either, short of watching the wolverines or the redwings then sports is a waste of money as far as Im concerned. Anyone have the compas headings for the 129 for NE GA? and whats the elevation? I am confident that I have a clear LOS for 110/119, 61.5 may be a gamble.

If by NE GA you mean Savannah - El. is 27deg; az. is 244 deg.

If you mean the area near Tennessee and South Carolina - el is 27, az is 241. These numbers are for Clayton Ga.)

I would recommend this as well. Our side of the country has problems with using the 129 satellite.61.5 is the way to go.Rsn' are also on the 61.5.

regardless of the issues and we have them, all HD locals are on 129. Saying you NEVER watch network TV is a bit far fetched. If you paying for locals regardless of HD or not you might as well a be pointed at the HD version. Even the local news is in HD;) or even the Redwings :up

If by NE GA you mean Savannah - El. is 27deg; az. is 244 deg.

If you mean the area near Tennessee and South Carolina - el is 27, az is 241. These numbers are for Clayton Ga.)
Im in Athens GA ( note the location top right of my posts ). Savannah might be a strong possibility come next summer or Ft Walton Florida or Chyene Wyoming just depends on what possibilities work out.

regardless of the issues and we have them, all HD locals are on 129. Saying you NEVER watch network TV is a bit far fetched. If you paying for locals regardless of HD or not you might as well a be pointed at the HD version. Even the local news is in HD;) or even the Redwings :up
I can narrow down what I watch on local broadcasts to the news so thats it. Ive lost interest in csi's and nothing else has come along in years that sparks my interest so I may even go so far as to not order locals at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts