What dish equipment do I need?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mcdtec

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
PA
I'm considering switching to Dish. I would like to be better informed about the equipment (receivers) before I talk to an agent. What receivers should I consider? I didn't want a DVR unless it doesn't have an extra monthly charge. I need 4 HD receivers in my main house plus an HD receiver in my detached garage a little over 100ft away. I barely get wifi signal to my garage... Thanks for your recommendations...

To the OP: do you use an OTA antenna for broadcast TV stations? If you want your local antenna channels to be integrated into the guide on your Dish receivers, each Wally would need a USB OTA adapter to add those channels. Instead of the Wally, you could choose to use ViP211k receivers, which have the OTA tuner built-in. If OTA is not important to you, then I recommend the Wally.

To the OP: do you use an OTA antenna for broadcast TV stations? If you want your local antenna channels to be integrated into the guide on your Dish receivers, each Wally would need a USB OTA adapter to add those channels. Instead of the Wally, you could choose to use ViP211k receivers, which have the OTA tuner built-in. If OTA is not important to you, then I recommend the Wally.
OTA tuners for the Wally are about $60 ea. plus taxes and ship.

Do I need an internet connection w/ wally?
Wally come with Smart apps like Netflix, Pandora, et al so for that, yeah, you'd need internet. They don't have a wifi adapter built in so you'd need USB WiFi adapters but your tech would/should have them for free at Install

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts