What dish equipment do I need?

mcdtec

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
PA
I'm considering switching to Dish. I would like to be better informed about the equipment (receivers) before I talk to an agent. What receivers should I consider? I didn't want a DVR unless it doesn't have an extra monthly charge. I need 4 HD receivers in my main house plus an HD receiver in my detached garage a little over 100ft away. I barely get wifi signal to my garage... Thanks for your recommendations...

To the OP: do you use an OTA antenna for broadcast TV stations? If you want your local antenna channels to be integrated into the guide on your Dish receivers, each Wally would need a USB OTA adapter to add those channels. Instead of the Wally, you could choose to use ViP211k receivers, which have the OTA tuner built-in. If OTA is not important to you, then I recommend the Wally.

To the OP: do you use an OTA antenna for broadcast TV stations? If you want your local antenna channels to be integrated into the guide on your Dish receivers, each Wally would need a USB OTA adapter to add those channels. Instead of the Wally, you could choose to use ViP211k receivers, which have the OTA tuner built-in. If OTA is not important to you, then I recommend the Wally.
OTA tuners for the Wally are about $60 ea. plus taxes and ship.

Do I need an internet connection w/ wally?
Wally come with Smart apps like Netflix, Pandora, et al so for that, yeah, you'd need internet. They don't have a wifi adapter built in so you'd need USB WiFi adapters but your tech would/should have them for free at Install

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts