what dish needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lennon

Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
canada
if i wanted to get direct could i use a fta dish i think its a "22 or do i need to get a direct tv dish with the 3 lnb's on it? i am going to be getting the hd pkg awell, kinda new to all this and have no idea really,
used to have dish so i was hitting 110.119.129 dont know if direct has kinda the same thing or what?
any help and info would be great
thanks

if i wanted to get direct could i use a fta dish i think its a "22 or do i need to get a direct tv dish with the 3 lnb's on it? i am going to be getting the hd pkg awell, kinda new to all this and have no idea really,
used to have dish so i was hitting 110.119.129 dont know if direct has kinda the same thing or what?
any help and info would be great
thanks

Directv will supply the dish you need. I don't think a FTA dish will work.

DIRECTV 5 (110W) would seem to be completely empty at this time. The maps say that it still carries MPEG2 HD streams, but I kinda doubt it.

DIRECTV 5 (110W) would seem to be completely empty at this time. The maps say that it still carries MPEG2 HD streams, but I kinda doubt it.

Those hd channels on 110 are still used by commercial accounts from what I have read here.

as of 7/28 they are still uplinked
channel/ch number/TP/sat
HBOH 70 10 D5 @110W
ES2H 72 10 D5 @110W
ESPH 73 12 D5 @110W
TNTH 75 8 D5 @110W
HDTH 76 12 D5 @110W
HDN 79 8 D5 @110W
DTV 9512 10 D5 @110W

^^^
Oh, well I feel sheepish. When I read the thread the first time my eyes scanned the ALL CAPS as an ad in the thread and I completely missed it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)