What Dish to use to give the best possible signal?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

blodgee

Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
canada
The facts are: I want "ONE" Dish that will receive Sats 110/119/129 and one coax cable to the house.
Assume that each dish would be set up in the same location for comparisons purposes.

What Dish would give the highest or best signals?
With my limited knowledge of Dishnet equipment I would think a Dish 1000 Plus with the Quad LNB set up would over a Dishnet 1000.2 or a 1000.4 Western Arc
but I am not an expert so I hope someone can help me with the answer?

Setup will not work, each Dish Network receiver needs it's own coax run so one coax to the house will not work unless you only want one receiver. Also, Dish Network will not sell subscription outside of continental US (Canada is listed for you). Not sure where in Canada you are located, best dish is dependent on where you are in relationship to the sats, you probably need to look into Canada's service for this answer. Note: Dish has announced a Whole House DVR, but no word on when that will be released.

To get the best signal use a 500+ pan and polar plate, a 1000.4 arm , bracket and LNB. The larger plus pan will improve signal quite a bit. This is the set up I have and signals are:

Trns 14- 82
Trns 15- 83
Trns 16- 84
Trns 21-84
Trns 14- 84
Trns 15- 84
Trns 16- 94
Trns 21- 93

Very good levels for my location, considering a 1000.2 normal levels here are mid to lower 70's.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

To get the best signal use a 500+ pan and polar plate, a 1000.4 arm , bracket and LNB. The larger plus pan will improve signal quite a bit. This is the set up I have and signals are:

Trns 14- 82
Trns 15- 83
Trns 16- 84
Trns 21-84
Trns 14- 84
Trns 15- 84
Trns 16- 94
Trns 21- 93

Very good levels for my location, considering a 1000.2 normal levels here are mid to lower 70's.

I thought the 500+ and the 1000+ used the same "Pan" ? Also thought the 500 has the dual LNB for 110/119 and the 1000 has either 3 or 4 Sat combo LNB?
I am not sure what the benefit would be using the 1000.4 feed arm? I thought these things are designed with vary specific focal points and mixing for example the feed arm that could be a different length would bugger up the focal point and thus give poor signal?

if you use a 500+ or a 1000+ you need a switch just go with a 1k. 2 if peaked correctly youll be just fine

Switch is no problem and I plan on using one anyway. I think bigger Dish = better signal overal and less rain fade but since the 1000.2 is designed for 3 birds and the 1000 Plus for up to 4 I am
not entirely sure if it will provide better signal than the 1000.2?
That is what I am trying to find out here.

Setup will not work, each Dish Network receiver needs it's own coax run so one coax to the house will not work unless you only want one receiver. Also, Dish Network will not sell subscription outside of continental US (Canada is listed for you). Not sure where in Canada you are located, best dish is dependent on where you are in relationship to the sats, you probably need to look into Canada's service for this answer. Note: Dish has announced a Whole House DVR, but no word on when that will be released.

I only plan on ONE Receiver.
I am well aware that Dishnet is not availible in Canada. Did you ever think I might be in Canada for 6 months and the US for the other six?

Had no idea what your deal is, your post was really opened ended and had no way to tell. Still would need where in Canada you are at to give you best information as to which dish you should be using. Mostly used should be a 1000.2, if you have problems getting 129 you may want to use two dishes to increase your signal strength.

For those that get Dish in Canada "on the left" so to speak, do they bother to obscure the word "Dish" on their dishes, or do the authorities not really care?

Had no idea what your deal is, your post was really opened ended and had no way to tell. Still would need where in Canada you are at to give you best information as to which dish you should be using. Mostly used should be a 1000.2, if you have problems getting 129 you may want to use two dishes to increase your signal strength.

I know a second Dish could be used for 129 but I would prefer to use only one if possible. I tried to keep my question simple because I just want a simple answer which is:
If I set up a 1000.2 and a 1000 Plus side by side (Location irrelevant) and both had the lnb's to receive 110/119/129 Which would give the higher signal and by how much??? ie: 10 points, 20 points.

For those that get Dish in Canada "on the left" so to speak, do they bother to obscure the word "Dish" on their dishes, or do the authorities not really care?

In Canada I have never heard of any authorities checking anyone because they had a Dish on their house with the "Dishnet or DTV " markings.
Remember just because it says a particular name on it doesn't necessarily mean that's the only Satellite it can be used for. People combine all sorts of dishes and lnb's to receive many different Sats.

blodgee said:
I thought the 500+ and the 1000+ used the same "Pan" ? Also thought the 500 has the dual LNB for 110/119 and the 1000 has either 3 or 4 Sat combo LNB?
I am not sure what the benefit would be using the 1000.4 feed arm? I thought these things are designed with vary specific focal points and mixing for example the feed arm that could be a different length would bugger up the focal point and thus give poor signal?

The 500+ and 1000+ do use the same pan. I use the pan with 500+ polar plate, then use a k.4 feed arm, bracket and 1000.4 western arc LNB. K.4 feed arm fits fine on a 500+ polar plate. Bolts line up, no modification needed.

I have a DishTurboHD dish and a 1000.2 triple LNB.

Would this work (signal wise) for Dishnetwork in the Edmonton (53 degrees N latitude) area?

Which is the weakest satellite out of the 110, 119, and 129 sats? If one of these satellites is weaker, would it be best to add a second dish for this orbital spot and run it into the Turbodish?

Thanks

"I have a DishTurboHD dish and a 1000.2 triple LNB.
Would this work (signal wise) for Dishnetwork in the Edmonton (53 degrees N latitude) area?"

I live at 50.6 degrees lat on Vancouver Island and have the 1000.2 turbo.
Forget about sat 129 cause I can't get it or only very weak no matter how much you tweak it.
110/119 are acceptable and working at my lat but yours will be even worse.I have 70-90's on those two depending on what transponder I am checking.
Hope this helps.

"I have a DishTurboHD dish and a 1000.2 triple LNB.
Would this work (signal wise) for Dishnetwork in the Edmonton (53 degrees N latitude) area?"

I live at 50.6 degrees lat on Vancouver Island and have the 1000.2 turbo.
Forget about sat 129 cause I can't get it or only very weak no matter how much you tweak it.
110/119 are acceptable and working at my lat but yours will be even worse.I have 70-90's on those two depending on what transponder I am checking.
Hope this helps.
Oh I miss Vancouver Island. Been there many many times. What area are you from?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I know you want only one Dish, but the best thing you could do would be to go with two dishes for EA or three for WA, especially in a location that far north. I would go with three 30" Winegard DS-2177 and go WA in Edmonton. That of course is just a suggestion for you to get the absolute best signal.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

"Oh I miss Vancouver Island. Been there many many times. What area are you from?"
I call it Port McNowhere but some call it Port McNeill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)