Getting alot of freezing, both on live and DVR with 922

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

craig559

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
This will be my 5th replacement if it is going bad, I think. On live tv it just will freeze for 30seconds to a minute. While using DVR I have to fast forward and then go back. Sometimes it happens over and over, other times not. I have done a few resets both by the button on the unit and unplugging for 10 minutes, but it does not stop. Did we get a bad download or is my receiver going out again, any ideas??

To answer your question. Yes you got a failing peice of equipment because you got a 922. Those things are absolutely garbage. Just upgrade to a hopper or "upgrade" to a 722. There is a reason this is dish's third recall on what they hoped would be one of their "signature" recievers. It's a pos. Period.

Wow! If you have been through 5 and are even thinking about a 6th, and plan to stay with Dish, take ChadT's advice and "upgrade" to a 722K or get a Hopper. No offense intended, but, remember Einstein's definition of insanity "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." If you like the UI on the 922, you will really like the Hopper, as it is similar, but better.

thanx guys, I just have to find a DIRT rep and talk with them, before I have no TV

I find a 922 works fine if you keep it cooled. I had problems with mine at the beginning and I bought an exhaust system purpose built for VIP receivers that I found on Ebay, since then it has been as stable as the 722K I had before it. Before the exhaust fan the internal temps were constantly running over 130 degrees, since installing it my highest temp is 107 and as I said it had been running just fine since last September without a problem.

well I found my problem. I bought a Rocketfish 1 to 2 switch. I disconnected a few days ago and my issues went away. Not sure why it was affecting my receiver, all I know is my issues went away. I had bought the switch so I did not have to use the pass thru on my Sony receiver, as it required power to the Sony and I just did not use the Sony enough. Thanx for the help tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts