What Dish will they install?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mab631

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2008
Hey guys i had directv in the past and i got the Oval dish in the past and really liked it. Will they install a Oval Dish again? I will getting 1 DVR, 3 normal boxs. No HD

Do you still have the dish installed? If you don't they will most likely install the slimline dish. I think I remember other techs say that they are only installing the slimline dish now.

i don't have any dish installed. Is the slimline dish the oval one with 3 LNBs on it? Could you send me a link to a picture?

The policy may have changed of late and they may just install the Slimline and get it over with. If you do end up w/ just the the oval you will only receive programming from the 101 slot. Also you will need a multi-switch.

The oval dish has 3 LNB's and receives 101, 110 and 119.

So i guess i am still confused. My question i guess is becuase the slimline does HD. If i get HD in some months would i have to pay if my dish they install does not do hd?

So i guess i am still confused. My question i guess is becuase the slimline does HD. If i get HD in some months would i have to pay if my dish they install does not do hd?

If they don't install the slimline and you decide to go HD in a few months you would not have to pay for another dish. The dish would be part of your HD installation and is included free of charge. When they come to install the receiver they will put up the different dish. If you are thinking of going HD, I would make sure they install the slimline as the upgrade will go much faster down the road.

If they don't install the slimline and you decide to go HD in a few months you would not have to pay for another dish. The dish would be part of your HD installation and is included free of charge. When they come to install the receiver they will put up the different dish. If you are thinking of going HD, I would make sure they install the slimline as the upgrade will go much faster down the road.

But not every installation company is installing slimlines just because the customer "may" want HD down the road. If they install it now when the work order calls for a triple sat dish, DirecTV will NOT reimburse them the cost difference. If they wait to upgrade the dish when the customer orders HD, DirecTV will reimburse them.

The only way to ensure that you receive a slimline dish the first time is to order HD the first time.

But not every installation company is installing slimlines just because the customer "may" want HD down the road. If they install it now when the work order calls for a triple sat dish, DirecTV will NOT reimburse them the cost difference. If they wait to upgrade the dish when the customer orders HD, DirecTV will reimburse them.

The only way to ensure that you receive a slimline dish the first time is to order HD the first time.

It doesn't hurt to ask them though. Does Directv even install the older dishes anymore?

I just moved about a month ago and they just put the regular round dish. I have a 4 room hookup with one DVR. I'm now upgrading to HD and they are coming out with the new dish and new HD DVR box next Monday. 99.95 plus 19.95 shipping for the upgrade, not bad.

It doesn't hurt to ask them though. Does Directv even install the older dishes anymore?

ALL the time - as someone already said, D* does NOT routinely install a slimline UNLESS you are getting HD equip at the time. In my market, SD subs ONLY get (2) 18" dishes. (our locals are on 72.5)

ALL the time - as someone already said, D* does NOT routinely install a slimline UNLESS you are getting HD equip at the time. In my market, SD subs ONLY get (2) 18" dishes. (our locals are on 72.5)

You will get a Slimline without getting hd IF your sd locals are mpeg4.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)