What Dish?

jfoster

Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
Central PA
I just ordered new receivers to upgrade my system. I currently have a Dish 500 satellite and I know they will have to upgrade it when they install my new equipment. I have a camp that I like to take my receiver to when I go there for the weekend and I want to upgrade my dish there so I will still be able to do that. Can anyone tell me what dish I need to get from ebay? I am upgrading to a Vip922 and a Vip722 and I live in central PA. Also, what other equipment (such as switches) do I need? I will only be taking one receiver at a time, but I would like to be able to take either one. I installed the last dish at my camp, so I am familiar with the basics, just not the newer technology, so any other advice about these newer dishes would be greatly appreciated also. THANK YOU!!!

most PA. locals are on both the eastern or western arc so a dish 1000.2 (western arc) or a dish 1000.4 (eastern arc) would work. if the camp you go to is more the 200 miles from your home you more then likely will be outside of the spot beam and will not get them.

the 1000.2 is easier to set up but the 129 look angle is pretty low in PA so if you are in the woods it might be a problem. the eastern arc is higher in the sky but the dish is a little tricky to fine tune

The camp is only about 50 miles from my house, but it is in the woods. We typically can get just enough signal on our dish 500 to make it function. If there is any rain or snow, we can't get enough signal to watch anything.

Should I wait until they install the new dish at my house and see which they install? If I install a different one at my camp, will that cause issues with Dish?

Are there any switches or other parts that I will need that are not part of the dish?

Thanks!

Your receiver is authorized to view the channels to which you subscribe, regardless of the satellite it's coming from. But as stated above, an EA dish would seem a better fit because of the elevation angle, at the cost of being harder to align.

If you are currently using a dish 500, then you want to use the dish 1000.2. It is the same 110, 119 sat's with 129 added for most of the HD channels. I am a dish tech and camp all the time. Your dish 500 will pick up the 110 and 119 just like it is. You would only need to upgrade to get more channels.

pitstop66 said:
If you are currently using a dish 500, then you want to use the dish 1000.2. It is the same 110, 119 sat's with 129 added for most of the HD channels. I am a dish tech and camp all the time. Your dish 500 will pick up the 110 and 119 just like it is. You would only need to upgrade to get more channels.

And you'll need to run a check switch each time you move from one location to the other.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

jfoster, pm me and I can set you up with what you will need to make your camp system the same as your home. Screw ebay and the bidding. I'm a subcontractor for Dish and I have my own inventory that I sell to people all the time in your situation.

If you don't need HD at the camp, just stay with the 500 dish. If 119 and 110 are low already, 129 may not show up at all.
Just make sure you have a DP Plus twin lnb on the dish or run 2 lines to the 722

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts