What do I have here?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tracker1998

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 6, 2008
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, but I wouldn't know where else to post it as I don't know what they are?
Today, I was driving by a house where they were selling everything.
At the curb, these 2 boxes where there and I asked permission to take them.

The small one is labeled as a Channel Master Satscan
Seems to be an actuator controller?
The bigger one is labelled as a Channel Master remote control satellite receiver.

Could someone tell me what they are?

Thanks, tracker.

Attachments

• DSCF1609.JPG
    DSCF1609.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 294
  • DSCF1611.JPG
    DSCF1611.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 265
  • DSCF1612.JPG
    DSCF1612.JPG
    865.2 KB · Views: 246
  • DSCF1613.JPG
    DSCF1613.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 257
I believe that is some very early 70Mhz stuff. Give away is the "Cable Comp"(ensation) adjustment.
I also have a couple of museum pieces. The positioner is most likely usable only with an actuator with a 10K pot.

Last edited:
I use one of those positioners on one of my 8 footers. It probably has more current available to shove a dish than any VBox that's ever been made. It does work with a 10k 10 turn pot sensor. I rebuilt a Von Weise a few years ago and installed a pot sensor so I could use the old Channel Master. I have a spare controller in storage.

Thanks for the replies.
I do intend on putting up my 10' dish next summer so I will keep the SatScan box as it sounds like it could be of use to me.
The receiver, what use could I have with it in this day and age?
Is it possible to use it to convert local channels from digital to analog for my older television sets or not really of any use?
Thanks, tracker.

The receiver will be of no use to you at all. For the positioner you would need a motor with a 10 turn pot sensor. As far as I know the only motors that are currently available use a reed switch sensor so you would need an older motor to use with the positioner.

Thanks for the replies.
I do intend on putting up my 10' dish next summer so I will keep the SatScan box as it sounds like it could be of use to me.
The receiver, what use could I have with it in this day and age?
Is it possible to use it to convert local channels from digital to analog for my older television sets?
Thanks, tracker.

Save the pictures of the receiver for the www museum of obsolete equipment. The mover will probably put out 4 amps or more without getting warm. 10 turn pot actuators can be special ordered, but are very very expensive. Can be used with a reed sw. actuator, but you will have no indication of where it is. If used this way, an actuator with "LIMIT Switches" is highly recommended.
I just had a brainstorm, I have a few 10 turn pots. but no complete actuators that are compatible.

Well the actuators that I have rescued might apply to this box. They have reed switches.
I have posted detailed pictures in the past and will look for them here.
Should work!!
As for the sat box,, toss it and make an addition to the component parts box?
tracker.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)