What do I need to get Vue?

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
I don't own a PlayStation. What and where can I get a device to get it? Wal-Mart maybe? Amazon fire? Is it sold at Wal-Mart? Cost? Thanks, Andy Do I need a PlayStation account? If so, how do you get one? If not, that's cool. Do I have to sign up for Amazon prime or just buy a box?

You can use a fire tv ($100) or fire tv stick ($39), just grab one off of amazon, you do not need prime to get it, but prime is a worthwhile purchase IMO. You do need a playstation network account, which you can get with a pc.

Reactions: andy_horton
Mistake for it not to be on the Roku as soon as they expanded the service, but my guess is that Amazon paid for exclusivity ( except for Sony devices ) much like Apple did for the first 3 months for HBO Now on Apple TV and Amazon for FOX Sports Now on the Fire TV devices.

I am considering dropping DirecTV and going with Vue. I have a Roku 3, my wife has a Roku 1, and my son has a Playstation 4. Any issues with all three running at once? I read in a forum that with Roku you have to activate quite frequently. Is this true? I am going to try the trial for a week and if it goes well, I am cutting the cord.

Any issues I should be aware of before I take the plunge?

I am considering dropping DirecTV and going with Vue. I have a Roku 3, my wife has a Roku 1, and my son has a Playstation 4. Any issues with all three running at once? I read in a forum that with Roku you have to activate quite frequently. Is this true? I am going to try the trial for a week and if it goes well, I am cutting the cord.

I run it on my three fire tv boxes quite often with no issues. If your internet will handle it you are good.

My sister had the log in issue with her roku when they first got it, I am not sure if they still do. On my roku sticks, we have not had that issue.

You will find that the PS4 and fire platforms have a FAR superior user interface for Vue than the rokus. But the basic service works equally as good on both.

I run it on my three fire tv boxes quite often with no issues. If your internet will handle it you are good.

My sister had the log in issue with her roku when they first got it, I am not sure if they still do. On my roku sticks, we have not had that issue.

You will find that the PS4 and fire platforms have a FAR superior user interface for Vue than the rokus. But the basic service works equally as good on both.

Thank you.

Reactions: Ronnie-

Be aware that you can't run Vue on two or more PS4s simultaneously, in the event you are ever in the market for another PS4. It's the one weird restriction Vue has when it comes to streaming on multiple devices. You can stream on one PS4 and one PS3 simultaneously, plus any other device (Roku, Fire TV, Android), up to 5 total. But you can't run Vue on two PS4s or two PS3s at the same time. *SMH*

Be aware that you can't run Vue on two or more PS4s simultaneously, in the event you are ever in the market for another PS4. It's the one weird restriction Vue has when it comes to streaming on multiple devices. You can stream on one PS4 and one PS3 simultaneously, plus any other device (Roku, Fire TV, Android), up to 5 total. But you can't run Vue on two PS4s or two PS3s at the same time. *SMH*
Thank you

I'm trying out the Vue now for a month. I had already done the free trial. I currently have Directv but everything I watch is in the second Vue package. My contract runs out this November.
The pq is good. Not quite on par with Direct but very close. Pq is very important to me and I wouldn't have any problems switching.
Interface will certainly getting use to. I have all Rokus but I'm not interested in changing hardware at this time. Hoping Sony will overhaul this interface in a big way. I did read since the Roku does not have much memory storage, change may be difficult to duplicate other hardware interface with the Vue.
My internet is 60 down so I have no issues with buffering.
I'll play with it for a month and then talk to Directv in November and see what if any deals they can give me.

The Roku interface is not the greatest. I really hope they update it soon. I love it on my 4K Fire TV box. It's the same interface as on PS4 and it is also 60 fps as opposed to 30 on the Roku. Makes a big difference. If you decide to go with Vue full time and cut the cord I would seriously consider spending 100 on a Fire TV.

The Roku interface is not the greatest. I really hope they update it soon. I love it on my 4K Fire TV box. It's the same interface as on PS4 and it is also 60 fps as opposed to 30 on the Roku. Makes a big difference. If you decide to go with Vue full time and cut the cord I would seriously consider spending 100 on a Fire TV.
I don't think this is correct. What I've read is Roku was 60 FPS and Fire TV just updated to 60 from 30. Possibly the older Roku was only 30 also.

I don't think this is correct. What I've read is Roku was 60 FPS and Fire TV just updated to 60 from 30. Possibly the older Roku was only 30 also.
I know that the new Roku sticks output it at 60fps, I would assume all the newest Rokus do.

I'm trying out the Vue now for a month. I had already done the free trial. I currently have Directv but everything I watch is in the second Vue package. My contract runs out this November.
The pq is good. Not quite on par with Direct but very close. Pq is very important to me and I wouldn't have any problems switching.
Interface will certainly getting use to. I have all Rokus but I'm not interested in changing hardware at this time. Hoping Sony will overhaul this interface in a big way. I did read since the Roku does not have much memory storage, change may be difficult to duplicate other hardware interface with the Vue.
My internet is 60 down so I have no issues with buffering.
I'll play with it for a month and then talk to Directv in November and see what if any deals they can give me.

I had read where those with a ROKU using Vue had to activate their account frequently, are you having that issue?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)