What do I need to get Vue?

Activation issues has nothing to do with Roku's it does however with ISP should DHCP assigned IP address change zip code. Its been reported as problem for some.

I know some have said they prefer the FireTv for Vue UI. I can't comment because haven't tried FireTv and take your word its has better UI for Vue. But for overall streaming the Roku4 is my choice especially for 4K content. If you have a 4K UHD TV with HDCP 2.2 port the Roku4 advanced upscaling will take 1080p and maximum resolution to 4K UHD.
Another reason I prefer the Roku4 over Fire TV is its limited in supporting 4K video only from Netflix and Amazon. Fire TV doesn't even allow 4K playback in third-party apps.
Nothing wrong owning both systems but thought I would give reason I prefer the Roku4 over Fire TV. With my new Sony TV I'm enjoying the 4K available and even the 720P Vue material looked good playing with the Roku4.

My only complaint with the interface on Roku is how the fast forwarding works. I hate having to hit play and rebuffer the stream every time I fast forward through commercials.

Other than that there are a lot of things I actually prefer with the Roku interface.

I'm going to have to try it on the Roku again. I was so caught up in the no background playing when I browsed that I never looked for positives. Which is fairly short sighted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I tried it on my Roku 3 and it was a complete disaster. Would not activate the trial for two days, then all of a sudden activated. Worked fine for two days and I liked it so much I put fifty dollars in the wallet to watch things that might come up. next day, need to activate and it won't do it. After a hour and eighteen minutes got a rep who said my wireless connection was bad. Too bad it a 100meg wired connection. Tried multiple times with the rep to connect and no luck.blames it on the Roku. Anyway in 5 to 8 days I should get my refund. It's a nice service, but if it is not Roku ready do not release a app. Two days of TV cost me $81 dollars and change. They did give me a case number if the refund does not show up in ten days.

I'm going to have to try it on the Roku again. I was so caught up in the no background playing when I browsed that I never looked for positives. Which is fairly short sighted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Unfortunately background play is not app issue, it is Roku OS issue. Roku released new update/build for their OS to developers couple of weeks before which includes background play option along with lot of improvements and new features.

My only complaint with the interface on Roku is how the fast forwarding works. I hate having to hit play and rebuffer the stream every time I fast forward through commercials.

Other than that there are a lot of things I actually prefer with the Roku interface.

My complaint about the UI on Roku is it's nothing like the UI on PS3/PS4. If netflix and sling can make good interfaces on ROKU why the hell can't SONY? As for my service I made another account and activated a free trial for seven days and it activated and worked properly. The ROKU UI though ... I can't compare it to the FireTV units but to me the PS3/PS4 interfaces are king.

Amazon claims 30% faster. So if it takes 10 sec to load the guide on the old stick, it would take 7 seconds on the new one. Not much of a difference IMO, at least on paper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)