What do I need to tell him/her...

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
I am gettin the EA dish set up tomorrow and my babysitter will be there but doesn't know much about that stuff...if they came before 3 i will not be there so i want to leave notes for the installer...but not quite sure what to say...

Please help me with stuff I need to put in the letter to make sure i get the best help

I have a 622 and a 211 receiver...250 hd/plat hbo/showtime/skinimax and locals

Im in the charlotte, nc area i think i have 110 118 119 61.5

Thanks in advance...

The installer will want to know which rooms the receivers should go in. The 622 will provide 1 room HDDVR and 1 room SDDVR. The 211 will provide 1 room HD no DVR. Other than that they will discuss the placement of the Dish and the cabling.

The babysitter needs to be at least 18 and pets must be locked up.

I'm not sure where your locals come from in Charlotte, maybe someone else can help with that, but you will need either 129 or 61.5 & 72.7 for national HD channels.

The babysitter (if over 18) will have to sign the service agreement. Make sure you tell her that.

If I were the installer I would not do it. The owner of the house really should be there, or at least family over 18. If that babysitter is under 18 the installer would be smart if he just came another day.

I am gettin the EA dish set up tomorrow and my babysitter will be there but doesn't know much about that stuff...if they came before 3 i will not be there so i want to leave notes for the installer...but not quite sure what to say...

Please help me with stuff I need to put in the letter to make sure i get the best help

I have a 622 and a 211 receiver...250 hd/plat hbo/showtime/skinimax and locals

Im in the charlotte, nc area i think i have 110 118 119 61.5

Thanks in advance...
Leave written specific instructions as to which rooms you wish to have the receivers installed and ANY concerns on dish placement. Make sure to LEAVE A CONTACT TEL #!!!!!..Also, leave a note authorizing the sitter to sign the paperwork!!!!!!!
Sign the note and date it.
IN the note please convey any restrictions you may have regarding cable runs and/or drill penetrations. If you don't have said objections, convey that.
Be specific. This leaves the installer to do his work and not have to deal with your babysitter.
To avoid all of this, do your level best to BE THERE. It's your house. It is up to you to do your due dilligence to be present for a service visit.
I live near you..PM me if you need any assistance.
Edit...The Charlotte locals are coming from 61.5.
The person you leave in charge MUST BE 18 Years or older. Otherwise the job is rescheduled. That is non -negotiable.

Last edited:
and I'm sure any little thing that goes wrong and the contract has been signed (by the babysitter) he will back on here complaining about the install.
If I were the installer and showed up there, I would leave a nice note to call back when the owner can actually be there for their install...

and I'm sure any little thing that goes wrong and the contract has been signed (by the babysitter) he will back on here complaining about the install.
If I were the installer and showed up there, I would leave a nice note to call back when the owner can actually be there for their install...
If the powers that be at Dish were not sitting on their collective brains, they would have a rule that states if the customer of record cannot be present at the date and time of the appointment, the job is rescheduled, period.

If the powers that be at Dish were not sitting on their collective brains, they would have a rule that states if the customer of record cannot be present at the date and time of the appointment, the job is rescheduled, period.

If a customer isn't smart enough to be there for their install that is their own fault and should have to deal with the concequences. Not that there should be, if an installer does their job correctly everything should be fine (insall wise), but if a receiver is in the wrong place, or if the Dish is in the wrong place, if a customer can't spend the time to be there for the install, then they should spend the money for the installer to come back and move it.

If a customer isn't smart enough to be there for their install that is their own fault and should have to deal with the concequences. Not that there should be, if an installer does their job correctly everything should be fine (insall wise), but if a receiver is in the wrong place, or if the Dish is in the wrong place, if a customer can't spend the time to be there for the install, then they should spend the money for the installer to come back and move it.
:up

Sorry i wasnt clearer

I already have dish and my receivers...they will just be taking away my 2 dishes...110/118/119 and 61.5 dishes and replacing it with the ea dish...

so with that said...any notes I need to leave for them

and I cant take days off work as I have to save them for my wifes maternity leave in septemeber

babysitter is way over 18 haha

going out of town on thursday so tomorrow is the only day I can do it before sometime next week

thanks in advance

Last edited:
I already have dish and my receivers...they will just be taking away my 2 dishes...110/118/119 and 61.5 dishes and replacing it with the ea dish...

so with that said...any notes I need to leave for them

and I cant take days off work as I have to save them for my wifes maternity leave in septemeber

babysitter is way over 18 haha

going out of town on thursday so tomorrow is the only day I can do it before sometime next week

thanks in advance
Perhaps it would have been best for you to wait until you got back from out of townand scheduled this for one of your regular days off.
No one ( service people)wants to be in a position where they feel like thier back is up against a wall.
Hope this works out for you. Good luck.
BTW, you are entitled to time off under the Family and Medical Leave Act.

Agreed. Plus, it's always fun when they leave notes exactly where to put the dish and you have no line of site from there.
This thing has booby trap written all over it....I'd reschedule.
If it were a simple job, this thread would not have been necessary.

No booby trap

Well no tech out yet...looks like ill make it home in time...this is no booby trap all it is is switching out my 2 dishes for the ea dish...it shouldnt be that hard unless the ea dish cant get a line of sight...i have a 61.5 dish and a 110/118/119 dish...

And I get 0 time off as does my wife...we are school teachers and she gets 6 weeks off whe the baby comes...but it is an unpaid 6 weeks off...unless we have plenty of days saved up as to why i cant just take a day off from work...have to save my days

P.S. Like i said above it should be a fairly simple thing...just wanted to make sure there is nothing I had to tell the tech...I know you guys are pretty smart when it comes to all this sat stuff...thats why i come to this site, haha

Just found out ill be back from out of town late sunday night but still cant take days off from work and the weekends are busy until may, haha

And I get 0 time off as does my wife...we are school teachers and she gets 6 weeks off whe the baby comes...but it is an unpaid 6 weeks off...unless we have plenty of days saved up as to why i cant just take a day off from work...have to save my days
My Wife is a Fulltime teacher too, and the last 7 years she has been a teacher ,I can't remember 1 Saturday or Sunday she had to work.;)

Directv and Dish Network work Saturdays,Sundays, I've Had My first Dish Network install on the 4th of July in 2007. So I would Imagine most holidays they are available too.

Yes we dont work weekends but I have a second job and we are busy until may...but we dont work on weekends and i wanted to get it done asap haha i guess if it doenst work out i can just wait

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)