What do I need?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ace68

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
Snow Belt, OH
I'm getting a new (my first) 4k tv.

I have an HR44-200 in the spot where my new 4k will be going connected to all my surround sound, blu-ray, etc). On the other side and floor of my house I have a HR24-100 with no surround sound or anything connected to a non-4k tv.

I have an upgrade waiting on all my equipment through my protection plan.

What do I need to get to make the new 4k tv work? Is my set-up ok to support 4k as is? or no?

I have (2) RG6 cables going to each location, I believe the rcvrs are only using 1 each.

I tried to search this, and saw yes & no's...Help!

Thanks!

You will need either an Hr54 or HS17 Genie, and a C61K client. Only the client will give you a 4k signal. The other option is to use the RVU in the tv, but you are better off with the separate client.

You will need either an Hr54 or HS17 Genie, and a C61K client. Only the client will give you a 4k signal. The other option is to use the RVU in the tv, but you are better off with the separate client.

Which of the 2 would be the better option?

Will the C61k have a digital optical out? (My Onkyo rcvr does not have HDMI)

Will I lose DVR space by using the new set-up?

I have those DECA things in there too somewhere for whole home svc.

So...am I thinking this correctly? My non-4k tv HR24-100 will get replaced with a HR54 or HS17Genie, and the c61k will replace my HR44-200 at the 4k tv location?

I prefer the HR54 since you can't use anything but clients with the HS17. The one advantage to the HS17 is that it will output two 4k signals, the HR54 only does one. I'm pretty sure the C61k has an optical output. I think the HR54 has 1 tb and the HS17 has 2, but either one can have an external eSATA hard drive.

If you go with the HR54 and want to keep the HR24 as well, you're going to have to pay for an additional TV for the C61K client.

If you go with the HS17, you could go with two C61Ks and you wouldn't have that extra charge since the HS17 does not output to a TV. The HR54 does.

In either case, you're going to lose the HR44 and any recordings on it. With the HS17, you'll lose both units as you are not permitted to have anything other than clients with an HS17.

Edit: The C61K has an optical output.

Which of the 2 would be the better option?

Will the C61k have a digital optical out? (My Onkyo rcvr does not have HDMI)

Will I lose DVR space by using the new set-up?

I have those DECA things in there too somewhere for whole home svc.

So...am I thinking this correctly? My non-4k tv HR24-100 will get replaced with a HR54 or HS17Genie, and the c61k will replace my HR44-200 at the 4k tv location?

You can connect Both HR54 & C61K to the Same 4K TV location- Just Change the Input on the TV from Hr54 to C61K and Then tune to CH 104-105-or 106 - Only Have on RG6 to feed that location - NO problem A 2 way Green SWM splitter installed at setup is all you need.

You can connect Both HR54 & C61K to the Same 4K TV location- Just Change the Input on the TV from Hr54 to C61K and Then tune to CH 104-105-or 106 - Only Have on RG6 to feed that location - NO problem A 2 way Green SWM splitter installed at setup is all you need.

Right. But you'll be paying for two TVs.

Right. But you'll be paying for two TVs.

HS-17 "free" because it does not connect to any tv is correct - However My Account also give me First TV free as well - Even thou that was stopped awhile ago for "NEW" customers.

Paying for 2 receivers is correct -Even if you use the RVU "FEATURE" you still Pay $7 a Month Extra with NO additional Receiver.

hr54 - 5 tuners 100 timers
hr24 2 tuners, 50 timers
hs17 7 tuners 100 timers

the hr54 and hr24 are a better setup imho
but it would add $7 a month to your cost for the c61k or rvu

directv really needs a true 4k dvr/genie

given the limited 4k, i would just wait, and i am

hr54 - 5 tuners 100 timers
hr24 2 tuners, 50 timers
hs17 7 tuners 100 timers

the hr54 and hr24 are a better setup imho
but it would add $7 a month to your cost for the c61k or rvu

directv really needs a true 4k dvr/genie

given the limited 4k, i would just wait, and i am
If you want two 4k streams go with the HS17, but it's the only reason I can think of to have it over the HR54.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts