What do the values each mean in the system info screen?

Which receiver are you talking about? There are a few variations on the system info screen.

Without seeing a visual of what you're referring to I remember a couple years back Dish started using a +/- system for judging proper alignment of a customers dish. If i remember correctly anything +/- 2 or more meant the cust would be recommended to have a service call. So this may be that?

diagnostics screen?

on a 522, 622,722, 722k , etc. using the remote- press menu, then press 6 system setup, then press 3 diagnostics, then arrow up or down to counters, then press select. there u can use the page up or down buttons on your remote to scroll up or down. you have just found the screen that is in question! :eek: is it some super secret thing that nobody is to know about. or does anybody know what the numbers mean? this has been asked before but the thread got way off topic.:( so that is way i wrote it this way. did not mean to hijack this thread, but i think this is what the op. had in mind.

Plug the values you see into this and it will reveal how Dish computes your bill each month

intmisc4.png

It very likely is proprietary or internal-use-only information that isn't shared or isn't supposed to be shared. I'm guessing very few people have access else it would have been "leaked" by now. Phone techs seemingly only know what values are in the "good" range or "bad" range.

I am wondering the same.

Value 7 is -2 on both of my receivers.
Value 4 is 1 on one and 2 on the other.

One of them also has Value 3 as 1.

I have had both replaced in the past and had a tech tell me Value 7 being -2 was bad.

Thanks for the picture. I've seen similar posts on websites stating Value 7 should not be anything other than 4, but ever since I got my receivers they were -2. Hopefully its changed with a software update.

yeah, i have found some interesting things in my 612, in analysis, if you check hdmi test and go up to info 2 the receiver knows what tv you have, the brand, the year it was made, lol. I wonder if dish gets this info.
In counters next to lost locks it says 14 : 34, does anyone know what that means?

Which values specifically are u talking about?

Number 13 in common counters. "Lost locks", has two numbers separated by a colon. Just got 722k installed today, been running all day and it is 0:0, i did check the number on the 612 last night before it went on its way, don't remember exactly what it was but it had increased on both. I am guessing this might have been the cause of the issues i had with the 612s i have had. Sounds like lost sat locks to me, but not sure.

That's exactly what is it, lost locks. The first number is lost locks on input 1, the second number lost locks on input 2. A troubleshooting memo came outfrom Dish the other day that said if the total number of lost locks on input 2 was nearly twice that of the lost locks on input one, it may indicate a low freq issue somewhere in the system

That's exactly what is it, lost locks. The first number is lost locks on input 1, the second number lost locks on input 2. A troubleshooting memo came outfrom Dish the other day that said if the total number of lost locks on input 2 was nearly twice that of the lost locks on input one, it may indicate a low freq issue somewhere in the system

What kind of issue would that be? how can it be resolved? The techs never checked these counters, have had 3 come out in the last couple of months. The last one did find a braided wire which the other two guys missed, but the problems continued with the replacement 612 i got two days later.

A troubleshooting memo came outfrom Dish the other day that said if the total number of lost locks on input 2 was nearly twice that of the lost locks on input one, it may indicate a low freq issue somewhere in the system

That doesn't make any sense at all. On a Dish Pro system tuner both tuners use from 950-2150MHZ (950-1450MHZ for odd transponders & 1650-2150MHZ for even transponders). A Dish Pro Plus system uses 1650-2150MHZ for tuner two (bandtranslating odd & even transponders).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)