What do you guys think of the crawl?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SandraC

On Vacation
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
at the bottom of the screen?

Was just reading in an NHL forum people absolutely ripping the crawl on the NHL Network to shreds. Too big, too intrusive, and they especally don't like that they record the replay of a hockey game, and within minutes they find out the score of the game in the crawl!

I don't watch NHL Network very often...but that does sound bad.

So what do you think of the crawl in general? I think for the most part I've learned to tune it out. During recent issues at Penn State and Syracuse it became annoying seeing the same thing over and over again, but I do like seeing scores at the bottom of the screen.

I suppose I wish there was some sort of TV App which would allow you to disengage the crawl whenever you like.

Sandra

I just ignore it unless I'm looking for a score for another game. At Least NBC doesn't have one and ESPN is smart enough to NOT have it during Monday Night Football (but apparently not smart enough to NOT put it there during the college football games)

I thought you meant a pub crawl....we've done that before MN-Duluth hockey games...go from one bar in Canal Park (where the arena is) to another and drink before the game :)

Anywho...the crawl/bottom line crap? REMOVE IT REMOVE IT REMOVE IT

Always seems if you record a game you get home turn on the TV and the damn crawl shows the score :mad:
or as noted a replay. Have had that happen too many times. Just as you go to sit down the ticker shows the result.

the worst offender? You're watching "Auburn vs Hawaii" (as example) and during the bottom scroll you see THE SCORE TO THAT GAME...seriously????

Bring back the top and bottom ticker on ESPN/2/U
Show the ticker on NHL Net during non game programs....not during a game...even if its a tape delayed replay like the late game on HNIC. Don't' have the thing on the bottom

I think they should go back to the Top and Bottom of the hour ... even if they did like CNN did and make it Ticker at the :20's would be fine with me, but NO MORE.

Only problem with that is they have increased the ticker from scores to STATS as well.

I'm sure the Fantasy people won't like it if it is removed.

Hate. It. With. A. Passion!!!! :mad:

In regards to Iceberg's pub crawl reference, i'm going on one next week with some old school friends. :)

Don't mind it really, maybe because we watch a lot of TV and see much more obnoxious lower thirds advertising shows and stuff. By comparison stuff at the bottom of news and sports channels are pretty tame.

Related, one of our local news casts does a sports like run down board along the left side, listing all the stories being covered in that segment, a la NFLN/PTI/etc and my wife curses at the TV whenever she sees it, it's hilarious. And then I turn the channel fearing for the life of my son and I.

As for pub crawling, I work at Zappos, it's all but in our job description.

Just get rid of it!!! I mean we do have the internet, I-Pads, I-Phones, Apps for scores and whatnot. We dont need anymore clutter.

Get rid of it!!!
I pay good money for my hdtv's and I want watch a sporting event on the whole tv.
Every once in a while ESPN will get rid of it for special events (US Open golf and tennis, Monday Night Football etc...).

Get rid of it!!!
I pay good money for my hdtv's and I want watch a sporting event on the whole tv.
Every once in a while ESPN will get rid of it for special events (US Open golf and tennis, Monday Night Football etc...).

AGREED 1000 %

I didn't pay good money for my HD sets to see it cluttered with the current ticker info.
The ones that put info on the SIDE are actually WORSE yet, they take up about 1/4 of the screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)