What do you think DVR/PVR w/ DVD backup

Instead of posting this in EVERY satellite company forum this needs to go into the HDTV forum....

I have seen a post like this one in several other board topic. Why don't you just say you are advertising.

And NO it will NOT record in hd quality.

korsjs said:
I have seen a post like this one in several other board topic. Why don't you just say you are advertising.

And NO it will NOT record in hd quality.

Um yes it will. I bet it will record better than any other recorder...... not really advertizing just trying to see if people know about this type of recording guess not.

<yawn> For that $$$, I would build a HTPC that would eat this thing for lunch. OTA only gives no comp. advantage.

If it had DVI-passthrough for time shifting, you'd have my $$$

If it had a Tivo UI, I'd sell several belongings for it. :)

bigt0169 said:
I would go with TIVO, might be a little cheaper

Tivo doesnt do HD. If you are happy with SD then Tivo is for you. Right not the only reson its only OTA that is can record is because NBC, CBS will not give out their HD for free. that is why cable dont have true HD. in the other hand cable cant afford it. but once cable is ready then our system will be ready for it. And plus it is a HTPC aswell. its an all in one if you want to say.

So what you are telling me is that the DVD player will record in true HD? True HD is 720P or 1080i.

And Tivo does have a HD PVR. It is for direct tv. Dish also has a HD PVR, the 921.

I will wait for the review.

If everyone did not read the voom post on this same topic, Mizee has agreed to send a unit to Scott and Sean Mota will be doing the testing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)