What do you think is going to happen next on Cubs land?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I mean what turn of events. Sambrano gets into a fight with team mate. Lou calls for the GM to bring players that can catch the ball. Then he gets into argument and throwing dirt to umps and MLB "indefinetly" suspends him until a decision today (I believe). Has Lou lost the team or the team has lost Lou? What do you think?

They are definetly a disfunctional family. Zambrano was just stupid fighting with his own catcher.

As for Lou, kicking dirt on umps, that has been going on for years... I did not see it and don't know what got him tossed, but suspensions and getting tossed seem to be coming way to easily of late.

I think once again the UMPs want to show players and managers up and show that they can do whatever they want to them.

Example: Sheffield gets tossed for throwing a broken bat handle into the ground once the bat broke, I'd be pissed to, it was a critical situation.
Then While Leyland goes out to do what he's suppose to to help his player, VERLANDER , who's NOT EVEN PLAYING gets tossed.

An Ump can toss you for debating balls and strikes, and thats fine, but the other stuff is rediculous ..... let the TEAMS determine the games and the playoff chase (this happened to be against Cleveland, at the time, both teams were either in 1st or a game or two out.

As for the Cubs, they will continue to lose, as they always do ...
The game has NOT passes Lou by, he will undoubtibly manage the NY Yankees next year IF the Cubs are dumb enough to get rid of him.

Jimbo

As for Lou, kicking dirt on umps, that has been going on for years... I did not see it and don't know what got him tossed, but suspensions and getting tossed seem to be coming way to easily of late.

I think once again the UMPs want to show players and managers up and show that they can do whatever they want to them.

Example: Sheffield gets tossed for throwing a broken bat handle into the ground once the bat broke, I'd be pissed to, it was a critical situation.
Then While Leyland goes out to do what he's suppose to to help his player, VERLANDER , who's NOT EVEN PLAYING gets tossed.

An Ump can toss you for debating balls and strikes, and thats fine, but the other stuff is rediculous ..... let the TEAMS determine the games and the playoff chase (this happened to be against Cleveland, at the time, both teams were either in 1st or a game or two out.

As for the Cubs, they will continue to lose, as they always do ...
The game has NOT passes Lou by, he will undoubtibly manage the NY Yankees next year IF the Cubs are dumb enough to get rid of him.

Jimbo

Until the Cubs are released from the shackles of the WORST and quite possibly the STINGIEST owners in baseball....they will amount to nothing. They need owners that GIVE A sh*t about baseball. I was there for 7 years and one of tour assignments was them and the Bulls...and the difference between the two owners were night and day...yet the Tribune company had MORE money to spend, if they cared, than Jerry Reinsdorf.....

Until the Cubs are released from the shackles of the WORST and quite possibly the STINGIEST owners in baseball....they will amount to nothing. They need owners that GIVE A sh*t about baseball. I was there for 7 years and one of tour assignments was them and the Bulls...and the difference between the two owners were night and day...yet the Tribune company had MORE money to spend, if they cared, than Jerry Reinsdorf.....

The Cubs are in the process of being sold if I am not mistaken, to a guy from Chicago, that actually wants to win.

Jimbo

Has Lou lost the team or the team has lost Lou? What do you think?

They would have had to HAVE one another at some point to have lost each other!

Whats next? waiting to see which one gets arrested for something first! The way the Cubs luck has been going, I'm surprised one of them hasn't been found slumming on some Mike Vick property smoking weed with a leash full of pitbulls yet! LOL

I have to disagree with you there, at least they spend money for players.

The Pirates are the worst owners in baseball, they're going on to 15 consecutive losing seasons, and they don't care.

http://www.iratefans.com/

STINGIEST? Didn't this team just spend 300M in the off season on an overrated cast of players? Stupid? Yes. Stingy? No.

I would vote Tom Hicks as the WORST owner in baseball....

I'm telling you, no one wants Kevin McClatchy and The Nuttings.

The fans are planning a protest against the Pirates, I feel this last draft pick they took was the straw the broke the camels back.

Pittsburgh Sports Insider » Blog Archive » PROTEST THE PIRATES ON JUNE 30TH

They have always said they don't have enough money to contend, but that is starting to become tiresome.

The Pirates have the 3rd highest profit!!!!!!!

The Business Of Baseball - Forbes.com

They are lying to the fans, but they keep going to the games for fireworks and boobleheads:rolleyes: , you would think after 14 going on to 15 years, the fans would stop going to teach them a leason.

This Yankee series showed a good team(Yankees) with a bad record can still destroy a terrible team with the same record, hell the Devil Rays or Royals could beat the Pirates.

But the only good news is that the Reds spent 20 - 30 million extra this year, and still in last place, but don't tell Ramy.;)

Baseball's version of profit sharing is not working. The small market teams are just pocketing the cash instead of investing in young talent. How else do you explain the Tigers drafting the high school player of the year at the 27th spot of the draft? Everybody else didn't want to spend the money it will take to sign this kid.

Baseball's version of profit sharing is not working. The small market teams are just pocketing the cash instead of investing in young talent. How else do you explain the Tigers drafting the high school player of the year at the 27th spot of the draft? Everybody else didn't want to spend the money it will take to sign this kid.

Exactly.:up

I have a little knowledge in this....:D It is ALSO driven by other things...the kid/agent spread rumors that they will not sign because he wants to go to school(in hope of going to a better organization), rumors of injuries and so for. I have had alot of my kids, including myself(4th round, 1984) talk to ALL of the teams that have interest in them to see which team will offer the best deal..and alot will lie....ESPECIALLY in the 1st round....AND these kids talk to EACH OTHER....they wanna see what so-and-so got for a signing bonus so they can wheel-and-deal their deals.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)