What do you think of this email I got from Winegard

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mshaffer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
I sent them an email asking what the F/D ratio is for my dish, so i can order the Seavey feedhorn for it. They didn't send me the F/D, in fact they said i shouldn't even buy the feedhorn..

===========
Please do not spend that kind of money on the system that you got used. That system is the RD-9900 series system, it has not been manufactured through the Winegard plant since 1998.
I’m sure that the part that you want to get for this system, is not going to work, the pinnacle positioner on this system controls what satellite that it will search for. Either the 119 satellite for Dishnetwork or the 101 for Directv. It will not lock on more than 1 satellite at a time.
We do not even have replacement parts for this system, should anything go wrong with it.

Thank you for your e-mail.

Kathy

=============

focal distance is the centermost part of the dish to the feedhorn. it can be measured with a tape measure or a yard stick

F/D is I think diameter squared divided by 16 x depth

Anyway, you're kind of lucky they responded at all, most of the queries I have like that go unanswered. I have this feeling that English isn't "Kathy"s first language...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)