What do you use to clean OLED screens (TV)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Microfiber cloth + lukewarm water? Could I replace the water with lens cleaning solution? They have Isopropanaol inside.
I know that I should spray the cloth instead of the TV, I've been doing that for a while, but anything else I am missing?
Don't want to damage my brand new toy. :D

I use a good fluffy amazon microfiber cloth for general wiping. If one of my bulldogs slings some slobber on the screen (about once a week), I use the Monster Screen Clean 2.0 Solution and its cloth to dab the area, and then buff out with the microfiber cloth. Do when screen is cool.

I would never use anything but water, and a soft cloth. You also should NEVER spray the liquid (if you do use a screen cleaner) directly on the screen. Dampen the cloth, and then wipe the screen. Do NOT wipe in circles. Only move in straight lines. I do top to bottom all the way across (lift the cloth off the screen at the bottom, and start over at the top a little bit over from the previous wipe down the screen), and then side to side all the way across.

Clean the cloth if anything builds up on it, or you could scratch the screen with any grit that gets onto the cloth.

I was thinking about using these with my glasses cleaner. These are safe to use for my high index glasses so I’d think these would be safe to use on OLEDs but I guess I can just buy a pack of microfiber cloth from amazon.

Attachments

• 09EAF0FB-3D1C-47E3-8E69-2F80BCF08CC3.jpeg
    09EAF0FB-3D1C-47E3-8E69-2F80BCF08CC3.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 703
Reactions: charlesrshell
51-HNkTMPQL.jpg

There is that. My concern would be assuming something OK for glasses is OK for a screen, the screens have filters on them, etc...

The other option, which I am to lazy to do, is just make a slight mixture of distilled water and soap, and keep in a spray bottle. The recipe is on the web, but I just bought the 2.0 solution.

I tend to have a little more experience here because people like to freakout about cleaning your screen, but I get bulldog slobber on there regularly so I have to do it. All my screens look flawless when I sell them after an upgrade. I literally run the microfiber cloth over a screen twice a week for hair and dust that sticks, and clean a slobber spot once a week.

And I also agree about spraying the screen, I spray the monster cloth once, dab the drool or fingerprint, and then wipe with the amazon microfiber cloth.

These are the cloths I got at Amazon, they work freaking great. I use one for wiping discs, once for cleaning sunglasses, and one for the TV. They will get oils and sweat of my sunglass lenses without any liquid.

Chemical Guys MIC_507_06 Professional Grade Premium Microfiber Towel, Gold (16 in. x 24 in.) (Pack of 6)

Microfiber cloth + lukewarm water? Could I replace the water with lens cleaning solution? They have Isopropanaol inside.
I know that I should spray the cloth instead of the TV, I've been doing that for a while, but anything else I am missing?
Don't want to damage my brand new toy. :D
Sprayway- Worlds best- glass cleaner-Ammonia Free- its streakless!

Sold at Walmart.

It comes in a blue and white can and pictures a maid on the can.

I spray it directly on my 55" plasma, my 40" LED in my bedroom, and also on my computer monitor, 20"? LED?

I just make sure that I am using very soft paper towels!

The commercial products I tried were just a waste of money!

Tried few of these microfiber cloths with some of these solutions and they are honestly crap because it leaves a smudge like streak. They are supposed to be non streak. Gonna have to order one from amazon. And yes I make sure the tv is cooled before I clean it. Just doesn’t look as neat and clean as when I first unboxed lol.

There is no problem mostly, only time I notice them is when I have the lights on and the tv is off.

Tried few of these microfiber cloths with some of these solutions and they are honestly crap because it leaves a smudge like streak. They are supposed to be non streak. Gonna have to order one from amazon. And yes I make sure the tv is cooled before I clean it. Just doesn’t look as neat and clean as when I first unboxed lol.
So what are you going to order from Amazon?

Sprayway- Worlds best- glass cleaner-Ammonia Free- its streakless!

Sold at Walmart.

It comes in a blue and white can and pictures a maid on the can.

I spray it directly on my 55" plasma, my 40" LED in my bedroom, and also on my computer monitor, 20"? LED?

I just make sure that I am using very soft paper towels!

The commercial products I tried were just a waste of money!
icEWolF, after you get over the newness, I hope you will try it my way!

Okay so today I just got these: Amazon product ASIN B0050R66X8
Ordered them two nights ago and it arrived today, surprised!
MagicFiber Microfiber Cleaning Cloths, EXTRA LARGE PACK

These wipes + the monster spray = sweet. It cleans the screen real nice, no smudges, the screen now looks like it just came out of the factory without a single touch from a human finger!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)